Is the Removal of the 18+ content significant
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:53 pm
Hi guys, just one quick question, would the removal of the h-content, which would mean the lack of the evil route be a significant detriment to gameplay. Because on the JASTUSA forums I found this
"olf_le_fol wrote:
In Aselia, the main hero leads a constant fight against darkness, a bit like Luke in Star Wars. He's promised power, and more power, escape from his problems, etc. if he gives to that darkness, that is at the same time the source of power he needs in order to protect the people about whom he cares. As the hero, you, the player, hears, reads, and feels this constant attraction to power, and I'm sure more than one have thought, at least once, "Hey, he's an idiot, I'm sure losing himself ONCE in his anger, accepting Motome's (to simply, let's say it's the name of the source of darkness) offer for more wouldn't be SO bad!"
The dark route exists for that reason. In the dark route, Yuuto lets himself possessed by the darkness, sometimes by merely stop fighting its constant urge to use it. The *very* meaning of the dark route is to see how HORRIBLE a person Yuuto becomes, and how much he ends hurting everyone about whom he (and the player as well, because all the other characters [including the minor ones, the Minor Spirits, who became so popular, a sequel was made about them] are wonderful ones --including the villains) cares, doing to them horrible things. Are there a lot of rapes in this dark route? Yes, plenty, and I feel their purpose is rather to disgust the player than anything. One of my friends started the route, but never completed it, being disgusted by what happened to the girls there; OTOH, it gave him the will to play the game without ever giving to Motome, because he wanted to avoid at all cost the dark route."
And it has me worried about the lack of the evil route. Not that I'm saying that you guys should change it, but could the differences be clarified so that I would know what I'm actually missing.
Thanks
"olf_le_fol wrote:
In Aselia, the main hero leads a constant fight against darkness, a bit like Luke in Star Wars. He's promised power, and more power, escape from his problems, etc. if he gives to that darkness, that is at the same time the source of power he needs in order to protect the people about whom he cares. As the hero, you, the player, hears, reads, and feels this constant attraction to power, and I'm sure more than one have thought, at least once, "Hey, he's an idiot, I'm sure losing himself ONCE in his anger, accepting Motome's (to simply, let's say it's the name of the source of darkness) offer for more wouldn't be SO bad!"
The dark route exists for that reason. In the dark route, Yuuto lets himself possessed by the darkness, sometimes by merely stop fighting its constant urge to use it. The *very* meaning of the dark route is to see how HORRIBLE a person Yuuto becomes, and how much he ends hurting everyone about whom he (and the player as well, because all the other characters [including the minor ones, the Minor Spirits, who became so popular, a sequel was made about them] are wonderful ones --including the villains) cares, doing to them horrible things. Are there a lot of rapes in this dark route? Yes, plenty, and I feel their purpose is rather to disgust the player than anything. One of my friends started the route, but never completed it, being disgusted by what happened to the girls there; OTOH, it gave him the will to play the game without ever giving to Motome, because he wanted to avoid at all cost the dark route."
And it has me worried about the lack of the evil route. Not that I'm saying that you guys should change it, but could the differences be clarified so that I would know what I'm actually missing.
Thanks