Page 1 of 1

playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:36 am
by aznatama
do the storylines connect? I am itching to play this game, but I don't want to play the same path twice, once using walkthroughs and again reading the translation. however, since the game came bundled with the boxed edition of part 2.... I was thinking about just playing the 2nd one first. Any suggestions on this?

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:13 pm
by Phlebas
They are set in the same universe and there are certain direct connections that indeed make Seinarukana a sequel; I know some very spoilerish ones even though I haven't played Seinarukana yet. You probably won't even realize them if you haven't played EnA though so don't think it really hampers playing them in the reverse order if you're so inclined, you probably just miss part of the fun.

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:43 pm
by SeinaruFantasy
Will dakkodango be translating Seinarukana: The Spirit of the Eternity Sword 2 after Eien No Aselia is over and done with? Sorry if it sounds like I'm rushing you or something, I'm not! Im just curious :).

Does anyone know a translation project going on?

I really can't believe no one has picked up this game for translation :O, pretty much everything about that game is amazing. CG, battle system, characters, etc etc etc.

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:36 am
by AQZT
You probably already knew this, but there's a storyline only translation at nighteye159.livejournal.com. I also remember someone mentioning something about translating the battle system, but nothing actually came of that. Also, Dakkodango said that they MIGHT take up Seinarukana, but nothing is for certain yet. And they already said that they are not taking questions about the matter.
EDIT: Oh, and the reason why no one has taken up Seinarukana already Is due to the sheer length of the game. I believe it is 3x the length of EnA?

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:21 pm
by lightl
Seinarukana is 12 chp long with about about 2 mission per ch or my first playthrough on Seinarukana was about 91.5 hrs not counting screw ups :D I think i can I do ENA in about 50-60 hrs just guessing from lenth for laughs @ 154.5 hrs second playthrough :)

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 pm
by SeinaruFantasy
AQZT wrote:You probably already knew this, but there's a storyline only translation at nighteye159.livejournal.com. I also remember someone mentioning something about translating the battle system, but nothing actually came of that. Also, Dakkodango said that they MIGHT take up Seinarukana, but nothing is for certain yet. And they already said that they are not taking questions about the matter.
EDIT: Oh, and the reason why no one has taken up Seinarukana already Is due to the sheer length of the game. I believe it is 3x the length of EnA?
Oh I see...that makes sense, you are right, the game is extremely long :O. Nighteye did a really good job on translating most of it and he even stated in his blog that if a translation group were to pick up the title, he would help finish translating the game. I really do hope that Dakkodango does pick up this title after EnA :D.

Re: playing part 2 before part 1

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:21 am
by AQZT
SeinaruFantasy wrote: Oh I see...that makes sense, you are right, the game is extremely long :O. Nighteye did a really good job on translating most of it and he even stated in his blog that if a translation group were to pick up the title, he would help finish translating the game. I really do hope that Dakkodango does pick up this title after EnA :D.
Amen brother. Seinarukana MUST be translated.