Page 1 of 1

Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:15 pm
by Thurhame
Hi! I hope this forum isn't dead.

I was wondering what the differences are between the conditions for simply getting Kyouko/Kouin as companions and the conditions for Kyouko's route specifically.

The Conditions (as far as I know):
  1. Have cleared the game at least one time before. *
  2. Got the generic result in Kotori's fortunetelling (i.e. not any of the heroine-specific results). **
  3. Saw all sub spirit scenes up through Mission 14 Turn 10.
  4. No sub spirit deaths up through Mission 14 Turn 10.
  5. Chose correctly at the three choices regarding Kyouko/Kouin (four if Kyouko's squad is defeated in Mission 14). ^
  6. Defeated Kyouko's squad in Mission 14 before turn 10. ^^
  7. Yuuto has 90 mind at the end of the duel with Kouin in Mission 16. ^
* confirmed to be required for both
** confirmed to be only required for Kyouko/Tokimi route
^ believed to be required for both
^^ believed to be only required for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:21 pm
by Sorreah182
As far as I know you don't actually have to beat her squad to get her to join you (but you do if you want her route) I am currently in a play through to just recruit (but not do the route of) by triggering one of the other girls first (like I triggered aselia and hopefully I can still recruit kyouko without being swapped on her route, cus it'd reaaaaaaaally suck to get a bad ending at this point)

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 pm
by Thurhame
Thanks!

Most walkthroughs I've seen say Aselia's route is a higher priority than Kyouko's. So you should be safe.

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:17 pm
by Sorreah182
Thurhame wrote:Thanks!

Most walkthroughs I've seen say Aselia's route is a higher priority than Kyouko's. So you should be safe.
Thats what I am banking on ^_^ I am actually right at that part now, so in about an 40 minutes or so I'll have an answer I guess :P (so much time spent going to hunt that trainer...) Ah, also I'll post back later/edit this when I figure out if kyouko is on my squad but still on aselia route (which will probably take a few hours to go through the story/game play ^_^;;)

edit: derp, I am such an air head, I just remembered, I intentionally got one of the three choices wrong just so that I would be sure not to switch routes T_T no kyo on this playthrough for me :/

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 pm
by Thurhame
To intentionally avoid Kyouko's route while still saving her, on future playthroughs you can just make sure to pick all the same heroine's choices in Kotori's fortune telling in the prologue. I know it works because when I was going for Kyouko's route on my second playthrough, I kept winding up in Uruka's route because I had gotten Aselia's result on the fortune telling (for the mind bonuses), and it took me forever to find a walkthrough that told me what I was doing wrong.

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:18 pm
by Sorreah182
Awesome ^_^ thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind for the next play through.

Off topic: Do you happen to have final boss save data? there used to be someone that had screen shots of all the epilogues in the end. Sad to admit this, but they scroll too fast for me to really appreciate them. Are you willing/have the ability to get the epilogues of the characters? I really wanted to appreciate the art and what happens but only had time to read the really short ones, so kinda determined this time to screen shot/save all the epilogues since the ones that were here are gone

Re: Conditions for saving Kyouko/Kouin; conditions for Kyouko/Tokimi route

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:58 pm
by Thurhame
No end boss saves, and if I did have them I don't know if they'd work for you. I play the Japanese version, not the translation.

Suggestion: If you have a clear game save from hard or super hard, play a newgame+ in normal mode, skipping all the dialogue and bulldozing through the missions. That should let you rereach the epilogues in a very short time.