Attacks and Defenses

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Post Reply
KholdStare88
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Attacks and Defenses

Post by KholdStare88 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Hey guys, I've come across something that baffles me.

Yuuto is on Slegid (Blue -15, Red -20, Green -20, Black -15, Att -10, Def -10)
Soldier is on road (Blue -10, Red -20, Green -20, Black -20, Att +5, Def -10)

So Yuuto attacks with Explode dealing 1680 damage. Going backwards in the formula, 1680 / 0.1 (skillpower) / 168 (attack%) = 100, which means the basemod is 0? That seems kinda weird, although I can't explain it.

Also, I was wondering which character best tanks elemental attacks such as Heaven's Sword. Esperia seems to be terrible at it since she has low Res.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff
Posts: 363
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:40 am

Re: Attacks and Defenses

Post by Phlebas » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Optimally, anyone with high defense and resistance. In essence only high defense is enough, because if you take 0 damage you don't take any elemental damage either. But if you lack high enough defense skill (or are hit with the deadly silent field combo, in which case banish is the best option), you need resistance too, Etrangers tank them the best I suppose.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

KholdStare88
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Attacks and Defenses

Post by KholdStare88 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 am

Oh I see, if Defense is high enough, then the extra damage would be low too. Well I guess that's one reason to power level Esperia...she takes so little ether to do so anyways.

I have another question about support skills that I don't think is in the guide. Do they work the same as Attack skills? (ie. Flame Laser has normal damage then extra elemental damage) Can they ever be blocked by a Defense skill or are they always critical hit?

lunarium
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 am

Re: Attacks and Defenses

Post by lunarium » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:28 am

Just level Esperia till her def skill value > enemy atk skill value (or close to that). Any more is likely overkill, and divine magic will 1HKO her no matter what.
Divine magic ignore defense and dmg is calculated based on resist.
All elemental skills is BOLD and COLORED, while non-elemental is white (with some exception for Estranger's nuke)

Volandum
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

Re: Attacks and Defenses

Post by Volandum » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:31 pm

Support skills are never blocked. They deal damage equal (before modifiers) to half attack squared times skillpower divided by resistance. So a 500% attack caster (Nanaru) hitting a 80% resist foe (some greenspirit) will do 15.625 times skillpower damage - if that's her 3K power Apoc II, you'll be looking at over 45K.

Post Reply