Page 1 of 2
Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 pm
by AQZT
So... I am currently on my second playthrough of the game and am aiming for the Tokimi route, but for some reason, I am being forced onto the Aselia route after Mission 16. I have fulfilled the following conditions:
Viewed all sub-spirit scenes
Have chosen all of the options marked with stars in the Gameplay FAQ/walkthrough
Have beaten both Kyouko and Kouin's squads in Mission 16
Am I missing something here? Any help would be much appreciated!
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:01 pm
by shiirn
All of your subspirits need to be alive, as well. You can't lose even one subspirit in battle.
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 pm
by AQZT
shiirn wrote:All of your subspirits need to be alive, as well. You can't lose even one subspirit in battle.
Yeah, all of them ARE alive... I really have no clue why this isn't working...
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm
by shiirn
Well, the only thing I can think of is that you haven't seen ALL of the scenes, maybe you missed the very first one or some hidden one. Because the only way you'd be able to get Aselia's path is if you DIDN'T see them all anyway.
I almost missed the very very first one very very early on with Helion, maybe i'm not the only person with that problem (It's right after the second mission, after all.)
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm
by AQZT
shiirn wrote:Well, the only thing I can think of is that you haven't seen ALL of the scenes, maybe you missed the very first one or some hidden one. Because the only way you'd be able to get Aselia's path is if you DIDN'T see them all anyway.
I almost missed the very very first one very very early on with Helion, maybe i'm not the only person with that problem (It's right after the second mission, after all.)
Nope, after looking back through the FAQ, I am absolutely certain that I got all of the scenes.
Just a question though:
When I beat Shun on my first playthrough, I actually lost a few spirits there. Could that have caused this problem?
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 pm
by shiirn
No, when i did my first playthrough I purposely kamikaze'd ALL of my non-heroine characters to whittle away at the bosses (Specificly Tokias' huge defense and Shun's Aura Photon Break), and kept all my subspirits alive the second and third times around with no problems to getting the rotue.
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:28 pm
by AQZT
I got sick of this so I decided to just use my clear data to play the game again on normal difficulty and try again.
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 am
by YamiLeto
Well if the problem is kouin and kyouko dying.........I do believe you have to have mind of 90 or higher to tell her to atone and that is needed for the path so have you gotten that as well?
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:54 am
by Phlebas
Yeah would you confirm that you managed to recruit Kyouko and Kouin in your party? You can fail that by having too low mind there. Otherwise only some mistake with subspirits comes to mind, that can happen easier than you'd think.
Re: Cannot get onto Kyouko and Tokimi routes
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 am
by AQZT
Oh no, the problem isn't that Kyouko and Kouin dying. It's the fact that I am getting the Aselia-route specific event at the end of Mision 16 (Battle with Takios, return to the homeworld, and then going back to Phantasmagoria)