Voices?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Yojimbo108

Voices?

Post by Yojimbo108 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi, managed to install the game and get the English patch working perfectly so far =).

I do have one question though, I'm currently playing through the prologue, and was wondering should the characters have voices, or is it all text only? Mines all text and was wodering if that's what it should be or not.

Thanks
Yojimbo108

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Voices?

Post by Phlebas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm

They're all voiced except Yuuto. Check your program-internal sound settings tho.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Yojimbo108

Post by Yojimbo108 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:09 pm

The sound settings were fine, but I managed to fix the problem by doing a quick re-install of the game.
Thanks for the prompt reply =)

Yojimbo108

Parame

Post by Parame » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Same stuff for me. No voices. I guess I should try the quick re-install, but the first time it was hell to do an install that actually worked, finished, or was even playable in the end :s.

Edit : Weird. I tried to re-install... didn't even start... I clicked on the install button (in japanese :p) and no windows appeared. I tried to un-install, weird error message... Didn't do anything.
I tried to launch the aseliacs.exe...The text was all weird so couldn't read anything but for some reason the voices were there. I tried to launch aseliacs_english.exe... and miracle... They were back there too Oo. Guess problem solved... Not sure why though.

Ps: My sound settings were just fine. Tested before doing those weird tests on other VN, and the voice worked fine. Settings in EnA were fine too... The voices weren't muted or anything.

Nemo

Post by Nemo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:50 pm

If the text was garbled during the installer, you probably didn't use AppLocale or Japanese local settings ; that's also probably why it struggled to make a working install. If it finally managed to succeed though, good for you :)

Here is a link to AppLocale :
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
I recommend you use it everytime you run a Japanese program, it won't always work (sometimes you'll lack the Mincho Font for instance), but it's much better than running it in english.
Plus, it will allow you to take screenshots of the actual error messages you have, since it will display the japanese font, so you can get help.

Parame

Post by Parame » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:40 am

Nemo wrote:If the text was garbled during the installer, you probably didn't use AppLocale or Japanese local settings ; that's also probably why it struggled to make a working install. If it finally managed to succeed though, good for you :)

Here is a link to AppLocale :
http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
I recommend you use it everytime you run a Japanese program, it won't always work (sometimes you'll lack the Mincho Font for instance), but it's much better than running it in english.
Plus, it will allow you to take screenshots of the actual error messages you have, since it will display the japanese font, so you can get help.
I'll be sure to use it for my next installs, thanks ^^. Though it's now working perfectly, so I won't touch this install anymore (too afraid to mess things up xD).

SnowDream

Post by SnowDream » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 am

Can anyone translate this error message to me? Should I have installed the 2nd option (the one with the checkbox) instead?

This message appeared the first time a voice plays during a playthrough, then everytime I load a file. I am unable to hear any voices but I am certain I turned voice on.
(Please see the attached image.)
Attachments
aselia error from applocale.jpg
aselia error from applocale.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 7503 times

Fhoenix

Post by Fhoenix » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:54 am

Somewhat voices related. Will characters speak gibberish till the end of the game? I wish they would speak proper japanese somewhere besides battles and Esteria-tutorials.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Fhoenix wrote:Somewhat voices related. Will characters speak gibberish till the end of the game? I wish they would speak proper japanese somewhere besides battles and Esteria-tutorials.
They will keep speaking their native tongue yes. It's just possible that Yuuto might learn to understand the language though...
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

SnowDream

Post by SnowDream » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:18 pm

I seemed to have resolved the issue by changing the registry files for the game to the correct path.