error

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
panoccio

error

Post by panoccio » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:27 am

patch seems to work fine...but i keep getting this error....can you help me ?

Alzain

Re: error

Post by Alzain » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 am

I can't read Japanese but I know you can Ctrl+C Error boxes (make sure you click it and its the active window) and paste in google translate. Maybe that might give you a hint to your problem.

cheese
Site Admin

Post by cheese » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:48 am

It says that the voice file could not be found, meaning your installation is corrupted (specifically, data04.dll and data04.gd) . Reinstall Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de and reapply the patch.

panoccio

Post by panoccio » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:15 am

thx, it works perfectly now... :mrgreen:

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Posting here to avoid error thread spam, hopefully someone will see it.

In any case my problem is that the base game installs fine, but when I try to run it (using Applocale) I get two error messages. When I try to run the english patch it says it can't detect an install of Eien no Aselia, and when I point it to the install directory it has an error at the very end of the install that says "an arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow". Running the english .exe afterwords results in the same two error messages as running the original .exe pre-patch. I took a screenshot of the two messages, hopefully someone will know what the deal is.

I've tried reinstalling the game once in case the install got messed up(no errors during original install though). My best guess without being able to read those two errors, or make much sense of the arithmetic overflow is possibly my base game files are corrupt.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Attachments
enaError.JPG
enaError.JPG (19.29 KiB) Viewed 6476 times

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Try to re-install the game in Japanese locale. Applocale probably isn't doing a good enough job.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Alright I uninstalled and then reinstalled under actual japanese locale instead of using Applocale, but the exact same problems occurred. Seems that wasn't the issue.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Then it's back to my initial guess, that you're trying to patch wrong version of the game. Do you have Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate De which comes with the Seinarukana Special Package?
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Reaper

Post by Reaper » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Seems unlikely that's the problem since the errors are the same on launch both before and after the english patch. I'm relatively sure I have to correct version but its rather hard to verify without seeing the game menu with that "special" option you mentioned, unless there is an easier way that I'm overlooking.
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=18096
Is that link the correct version, that should be what I have.

lightl

Post by lightl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:45 pm

Reaper wrote: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=18096
Is that link the correct version, that should be what I have.
that the link to the 18+ version
if that the version you have then the patch wont work with it
this is the correct game that has http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=310185
that game has Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de for which the patch will work :P
Last edited by lightl on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.