Eien no Aselia Extras

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Eien no Aselia Extras

Postby Phlebas » Sun May 02, 2010 1:41 am

That shouldn't be in any way related to BGM replacer (rather hard to imagine how it could be). See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97&hilit=voices
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

HappyGawl

Postby HappyGawl » Sun May 02, 2010 4:27 am

Phlebas wrote:That shouldn't be in any way related to BGM replacer (rather hard to imagine how it could be). See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=97&hilit=voices

Thank you Phlebas, that helped alot! :D Getting the game to work took alot of effort, but I finally managed to get it done. I've seen this is a common problem for those running the game with Vista, so I thought I would post a step by step guide of what I did to get the game to work with the bgm replacer and the adult cg replacer:

1. First, I had to install the game onto my desktop, because installing it within program files was giving me all sorts of errors.
2. Next, I installed the bgm replacer, the adult cg replacer, and the english patch in that order.
3. When the prompt came up asking me to auto run the game I selected NO. The reason being is that for some odd reason, once you close the game, Windows Explorer will enter an endless loop of closing and restarting.
4. To avoid the problem I listed above, before starting the game, I had to move the file that the game installed into from my desktop and place it into my program files folder on my C drive. For some reason, this prevented the endless loop of closing and restarting that Windows Explorer entered into back in step 3.
5. Last I had to go into the program's registry and locate the 3 registries for the game and change the lines to fit where I place the Aselia folder in my program files.

With this, the game works perfectly fine, though I doubt it is as complicated as I have made it out to be. I'm sure there is an easier way. I hope this helps anyone who runs into this annoying problem while trying to play the game on Vista Ultimate.

BGM

Postby BGM » Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 am

Hi all, thanks for the patches and extras. I am having an issue with the BGM replacer though.
I want to restore the original soundtrack. I did as the readme said,

"4. (optional) To restore the default Eien no Aselia tracks, copy data08.dll and data08.gd back
from your Eien no Aselia cd to the /Data subdirectory."

So, I replaced the data08.dll and data08.gd in the Data subfolder with the ones from the CD, but the music has not reverted to the original track.
Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

omnigear_seibzehn

Postby omnigear_seibzehn » Wed May 26, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm very sorry if this is a "stupid" question, but I'm confused on exactly what the CG uncensorer does. It says it replaces the censored CG with uncensored ones from the original game but then it says "hate de" doesn't even have censored CGs in the first place.

Are you supposed to find the hate de CGs and then add them after the game is installed, then you replace them with the CG uncensorer? @__@

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Wed May 26, 2010 9:12 pm

omnigear_seibzehn wrote:then it says "hate de" doesn't even have censored CGs in the first place.

Not sure what you mean by this. There are a couple censored CGs in the all-ages version (bath scenes, chiefly), those are replaced with the originals that have a bit more nudity.

Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Wed May 26, 2010 9:19 pm

omnigear_seibzehn wrote:I'm very sorry if this is a "stupid" question, but I'm confused on exactly what the CG uncensorer does. It says it replaces the censored CG with uncensored ones from the original game but then it says "hate de" doesn't even have censored CGs in the first place.

Are you supposed to find the hate de CGs and then add them after the game is installed, then you replace them with the CG uncensorer? @__@

from what I understand, hate de completely lacks all of the rape/sex/naughty scenes, and has no equivalents whatsoever.
The adult graphics replacer basically takes off the towels on the spirits for the bath scenes, and makes some characters have "panty shots" in some of the cg gallery pictures. I saw a picture somewhere on the net of Aeselia standing over you with blood spattered on her, and her panties showing for virtually no reason in that scene when you first meet her. Normally it looks like she does fully armored with no blood.

omnigear_seibzehn

Postby omnigear_seibzehn » Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Phlebas wrote:
omnigear_seibzehn wrote:then it says "hate de" doesn't even have censored CGs in the first place.

Not sure what you mean by this. There are a couple censored CGs in the all-ages version (bath scenes, chiefly), those are replaced with the originals that have a bit more nudity.

Ghaleon wrote:
omnigear_seibzehn wrote:I'm very sorry if this is a "stupid" question, but I'm confused on exactly what the CG uncensorer does. It says it replaces the censored CG with uncensored ones from the original game but then it says "hate de" doesn't even have censored CGs in the first place.

from what I understand, hate de completely lacks all of the rape/sex/naughty scenes, and has no equivalents whatsoever.
The adult graphics replacer basically takes off the towels on the spirits for the bath scenes, and makes some characters have "panty shots" in some of the cg gallery pictures. I saw a picture somewhere on the net of Aeselia standing over you with blood spattered on her, and her panties showing for virtually no reason in that scene when you first meet her. Normally it looks like she does fully armored with no blood.

Thank you. You two answered my question. I just was thinking that it meant uncensored H scenes as well and was confused since the H scenes shouldn't exist at all. But I understand now, thanks a lot.

Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:09 am

So, I replaced the data08.dll and data08.gd in the Data subfolder with the ones from the CD, but the music has not reverted to the original track.
Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

No clue, I'm having the same problem. I was hoping to make my own choices for songs, but figured I'd give the sample ones a shot first, unfortunately I dislike pretty much all of them, so...yeah I don't want ot spend time replacing them ALL right now, and I'd just rather revert to normal, alas the directions lie!

edit: err, all replacing those 8 files did was un-translate the battle text that people shout out when attacking... I assume I can just re-apply the translation patch to fix it? that wont delete my save files? Where are the save files backed up just in case?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:29 pm

Ah yes, sorry for the late response, just checked it and indeed it's data02 you need to replace. Yeah, re-install patch to fix the battle dialog.

Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Phlebas wrote:Ah yes, sorry for the late response, just checked it and indeed it's data02 you need to replace. Yeah, re-install patch to fix the battle dialog.

Thanks, that indeed works.

Return to “Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de”