Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
persocom01

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Post by persocom01 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 am

the max level of training on normal is 30, so it doesn't matter how many times you play it. Moreover, normal has plenty of mana to level most of your spirits to level 30, provided you killed most of the dragons and whatnot. Thus replaying it likely makes little difference to hard difficulty.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 am

Not if you screw up on your first playthrough and evenly level everyone. 1 normal playthrough will get at most 3/4 of your team to max, even with killing all dragon except the white one.
Also, an optimized first normal playthrough will involve no Orpha leveling at all, thus a 2nd one where you can max her is welcome, as you are forced to use her in the first 3 missions.

Well, not that i did it myself, since i did SH already on 3rd playthrough :roll:

persocom01

Post by persocom01 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:31 am

If you chose not to level faren and shiah (who I even sword released near the end because I felt she was pretty useless), as well as maybe another spirit or 2, it's easy to get orpha to level 30. I managed to do so while on the lesteena route, which has the least mana overall beause I don't have an extra mission and I didn't fight in the labyrinth of time.

it's true if you did choose to level everyone evenly you end up with characters not ideal for hard difficulty on the 2nd playthough. Too bad. However, I don't think it makes hard difficulty impossible to complete even with 2x characters at the start.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:40 am

I've never Sword Release-d anyone. Since, well, Sword Release = Sacrifice in original PC version. Made me feel bad lol.

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:17 am

Eh, I played Aselia's route and got everyone to level 30, except Shiah to level 27 and Faren to level 20. What I'm worried the most about hard mode is some of the final etrangers, because at the current rate, I'll probably be at level 47 or so by the final chapter and I have no clue if that's good enough to beat the game. I don't mind replaying hard to get my spirits to 60, but I'm just wondering what would be a good level to be at before doing the last chapter on hard.

Because I leveled everyone evenly (except for Helion, Faren, and Shiah), this is where I'm at near the end of Mission 16, capture Slegid (with no ether left):

Am I screwed?

EDIT: Good idea for normal though. I never used Faren on normal, ever, so next time I'd sword release her to get all my characters to 30.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 am

No worries, you'll get an healthy chunk of mana from capturing/clearing the sevaral final missions. Just remember to always have a blue with highest Banisher available (preferably one with double banish per battle)/one squad as high as possible and you are set :roll: .
This game ain't hard at all if you don't aim for SS or limit youself.

Lynx190

Post by Lynx190 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:15 am

I had everyone at 30 at the end of normal except Faren at 27 and Nanaru at 20; the main difficulty in Hard is the mission where you capture the 3 cities outside Sargios, where enemy levels suddenly skyrocket and have lvl 16 magic. Make sure to level Nelie enough for Ice Banisher IX for Stardust, Elemental Blast, and Silent Field II. You don't actually need a really high level of 2-action banishes because the highest level nukes are single-action anyway. Fireball II is the most dangerous thing if you don't have Aselia's IB VIII (I didn't), just make sure you don't have Esperia defending and you can interrupt one and eat the other. IB VII is much easier to get on both Selia and Aselia and will take care of Firebolt II. The end of the game is a lot easier because of the huge amount of mana you'll be getting from that mission and the capture of Sargios, plus dragon killing during mission 22.

It's really hard to make good use of Kyouko/Kouin on your 2nd playthrough (especially if trying to get a good rank) simply because you need to level them so damn many times to get them caught up. I was leaving Kyouko in a squad in Hielen Shileta to recruit that engineer where you have to wait 10 turns and just kept leveling her as I waited. She takes forever to learn her good attack skills though so she never really became useful on Hard (Thunderstorm in defensive battles is about it), I probably would have been better off ignoring her until Mission 22 when I had infinite time to train. Also your next playthrough they won't be available for a long time (likewise with Uruka) so anything you spent on them isn't going to help you get through the early missions.

There actually isn't any real need to replay Hard to get characters to 60 if you got good ranks, I moved straight on to Super Hard and it wasn't really any problem. By this point most of the characters have learned nearly all their skills so extra levels aren't as big a deal. Make sure you learn vital skills before the end of Hard though, because remember it takes a while at the start of a new game before you can build converters. I made the mistake of not getting ApocII on Orpha and had to wait and wait to get it even though I had enough mana, just not enough conversion.

Attached screenshot is my situation at the start of Mission 22 with about 1.8 million mana+ether and dragons still left to kill. Unfortunately I don't have another saved game left from the playthrough where the gameplay is still accessible to show my situation after using up all that mana. Helion is only lvl 30 at this point but I leveled her a bunch and then used her throughout Super Hard, she finishes learning her skills in a flurry in the 50s and is actually fairly useful on SH (if only Treason Block weren't a limited skill for her). I ignored Himika and then dropped her on SH once I ran out of room, as she doesn't improve much after being a powerhouse on Normal.
Attachments
EnA-2ndplay-22.jpg
EnA-2ndplay-22.jpg (311.98 KiB) Viewed 6066 times

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:33 am

I have a question, why do you use Himika over Nanaru? Where I'm at, her attacking damage is so low (due to enemy having high blocks) that the extra elemental damage doesn't matter. Incinerate is useful, but the -3 mind per use (which amounts to -6 often) makes Himika so difficult to use.

Otherwise, that's almost exactly my formations near the end, Yuuto/Esperia/Orpha, Aselia/Nim/Nanaru, Selia/Kyouka/Kouin, Nelie/Halion/Uruka + Tokimi.

Lynx190

Post by Lynx190 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Well, Himika was awesome on Normal, so using her just naturally carried over to Hard; by the end of Hard she definitely wasn't one of my top characters anymore (and like I said I quit using her on SH once I had to make cuts), but I wasn't going to spend a bunch of mana catching up Nanaru, who was only lvl 20 after Normal. I never ended up using Nanaru due to her lack of versatility that made her total deadweight when I needed to switch roles; I didn't use Orpha on Normal either for the same reason, just Himika since she can attack and support effectively. However you're forced to have Orpha active at all times, so after keeping her in a garbage 4th squad on Normal, I used her regularly on Hard and SH, where Apoc makes her usable against a larger number of enemy squad configurations. I didn't see any need to use both Orpha and Nanaru, so since Nanaru can be benched while Orpha cannot, Orpha is the one I used.

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:27 am

Ah, that made sense, sticking with your guns. I also agree that Nanaru is not versatile at all in Normal, but IMO spamming Apocalypse with Orpha and Nanaru in hard is almost cheating. I myself got Himika to level 40, but I will now have to ditch her for the new Etrangers. But it's all good for experience, in case I want to make a battles walkthrough later or something.