Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Nidjo

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Postby Nidjo » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

On normal, I'd go for Halion, Himika, Helion and Faren (depending on how much ether you have). Especially if you'll play on hard and super hard. Halion gets a nasty support skill later on that will save you often, Himika is a great attacker and supporter, Helion gets insane amounts of actions with quite ok defence and support skills and Faren... Eh, Faren is so-so imo. Still have no use for her on my second super hard playthrough, granted she's my lowest level at 49, but black spirits are kinda a mixed bag imo.

totides

Postby totides » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 am

Is there a way to set it so only repeated scenes can be skipped via control?

Nidjo

Postby Nidjo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 am

If you press the skip "button", it'll skip read text/viewed scenes, and stop at the unread (new) parts and when you have to pick choices, if that's what you mean. Saves a lot of time.

EDIT:
Nope, Caps Lock, skips everything, even new/unread text (the same as pressing Control), so the skip "button" is the way to go if you want to skip everything you've seen, and stop at the new parts.

persocom01

Postby persocom01 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:55 pm

totides wrote:I'm at the final mission and wondering who I should max out of Helion, Faren, Himika, and Halion (levels 1, 18, 7, and 11 respectively). I maxed out all others and still got a good amount of ether left, but all four of them don't seem to be of good use to me.

Himika and Halion because they join first? I read and think both Helion and Faren sucks.

imo faren is the most useless spirit in the game, because she levels very poorly, followed by the blue spirit shiah. The rest are a mixed bag:

helion - the best black support spirit in the game. Good on defence as well. Very poor attacker. She is pretty useful when up against those blue spirits and their spell interrupts which prevents you from using most other support skills.

himika - the only red spirit with good attack skills. Also has the best single target red support skills in the game. However, you can probably do without either if you train other characters well enough.

halion - notable at very high levels for her elemental blast skill, which stuns an enemy for 1 whole combat round on attack. It even works on the last boss. On defence, she's worse at physical defence than esperia, but has better resistance. You also get her earlier than nimthor. If you never intent to play very hard difficulty, you can probably do without her.

Nidjo

Postby Nidjo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Now that I've finished all routes, a few questions.

#1 I'm missing a scene. It's related to Kaori. Second row, last one. Is that the one you get with a bad end?

#2 Was Yuuto voiced in the 18+ version? There's someone listed in the credits, but you don't hear Yuuto during the game.

#3 Is there a script for the "time line" that appears at the end of the game? It's scrolls a bit too fast for my tastes. I could've print screened it now that I think about it. Baka.

#4 Considering that JAST will release the game, if I find the time, I'd consider writing an in-depth FAQ/walkthrough. Will think some more about it, for now the plan is to use your walkthrough, the skill list thread and some other info found on this forum (basically copy/paste with some corrections, refer to this post) plus some guidelines for the missions. Of course I'd credit everyone involved, was wondering if I'd get a green light for something like that from the staff and the persons involved (maybe IRC is a better place to ask this, since the forum is kinda inactive).

World Tree

Postby World Tree » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:56 am

Nidjo wrote:Now that I've finished all routes, a few questions.

#1 I'm missing a scene. It's related to Kaori. Second row, last one. Is that the one you get with a bad end?

#2 Was Yuuto voiced in the 18+ version? There's someone listed in the credits, but you don't hear Yuuto during the game.

#3 Is there a script for the "time line" that appears at the end of the game? It's scrolls a bit too fast for my tastes. I could've print screened it now that I think about it. Baka.

#4 Considering that JAST will release the game, if I find the time, I'd consider writing an in-depth FAQ/walkthrough. Will think some more about it, for now the plan is to use your walkthrough, the skill list thread and some other info found on this forum (basically copy/paste with some corrections, refer to this post) plus some guidelines for the missions. Of course I'd credit everyone involved, was wondering if I'd get a green light for something like that from the staff and the persons involved (maybe IRC is a better place to ask this, since the forum is kinda inactive).

You probably figured it out or got what you need already, but I'll reply anyways.

1) I haven't gotten that either on my save. Logical deduction do mostly point that it is for bad end, though.

2) I think that's the seiyuu for the combat voices.

3) If you haven't gotten it already, here are caps of it

4) An in-depth FAQ/walkthrough would be awesome, especially for that completed skill that'll include Eternal and changes in skill in high difficulties. Also, little trivia and class/stat facts would be super. ^^ I hope you'll get the okay for it from whomever.

Nidjo

Postby Nidjo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:24 pm

World Tree wrote:You probably figured it out or got what you need already, but I'll reply anyways.

1) I haven't gotten that either on my save. Logical deduction do mostly point that it is for bad end, though.

Great minds think alike. :)

World Tree wrote:2) I think that's the seiyuu for the combat voices.

Oh man, totally forgot about that since I skipped the battles with L.

World Tree wrote:3) If you haven't gotten it already, here are caps of it

Tyvm.

World Tree wrote:4) An in-depth FAQ/walkthrough would be awesome, especially for that completed skill that'll include Eternal and changes in skill in high difficulties. Also, little trivia and class/stat facts would be super. ^^ I hope you'll get the okay for it from whomever.

Well, since my diploma work has been pushed back to an undefined date, I'll have more time starting next week. I'll try to contact Phlebas or echo.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:44 pm

World Tree wrote:
Nidjo wrote:

You probably figured it out or got what you need already, but I'll reply anyways.

That's from the epilogue of one route. And one of my favorite CGs in the game.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Nidjo

Postby Nidjo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:10 am

Semi off topic, kinda. :?

Just a heads up.

Had a discussion with Phlebas and echo yesterday. Since I can't use their FAQ in the way I meant it to use, I'll start writing mine from scratch. Once I have something solid (completion of the normal difficulty), I'll make a new thread about it asking for your help, opinions, suggestions, constructive criticism etc.

So, as of today, work on a complete walkthrough has begun. ;)

World Tree

Postby World Tree » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 am

Phlebas wrote:That's from the epilogue of one route. And one of my favorite CGs in the game.

Hmm. Which one? Nidjo finished all routes, so I don't think it's possible for him to not get that if that's the case. Maybe bad route's epilogue (if has one).

Nidjo wrote:Had a discussion with Phlebas and echo yesterday. Since I can't use their FAQ in the way I meant it to use, I'll start writing mine from scratch. Once I have something solid (completion of the normal difficulty), I'll make a new thread about it asking for your help, opinions, suggestions, constructive criticism etc.

So, as of today, work on a complete walkthrough has begun. ;)

That's a shame, but maybe starting from scratch might prove to be the best choice. Anyways, looking forward to it. I won't know more than Phlebas or echo, but if I can help a bit in that thread, I will.

Return to “Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de”