Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
solopy567

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Post by solopy567 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:33 pm

I guess I'll have to restart. You can't put benched characters into the formation at that point so it's hopeless.

What level should my characters be when I reach this mission?

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Hold on, last ditch effort, try Kyouka/Yuuto/Kouin and just use that formation to defend while Kouin spams Trusscade, build a Recovery Facility if you wish. If you can outlast with the 3 Etranger and Kouin spamming Trusscade, then pretty soon you will deplete Apocalypse/Elemental Blast.

persocom01

Post by persocom01 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:34 am

Unlike normal, on hard you can't afford to level all characters. Thus you ought to focus on a core team of 3-6 spirits and level them as much as possible. Nelie in particular gets ice banisher ix at the relatively low level of 53, so if you focused on leveling her she would be able to banish all the apocalypses and elemental blasts in that mission. Nelie's banish only has 1 action though, and selia is a better banisher on very hard difficulty.

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey, do you think you can give some general hard mode tips, as in which characters are best to train? My problem is with Nelie, who aside from learning Silent Field and banishes early, can no longer attack. Is she still worth it or will training up Aselia and Selia good enough?

About Kyouko and Kouin, I would imagine they take a boatload of ether or level up like Yuuto. Are they worth using over the usual spirits? Ranarosart Orpha seems to be way more powerful than KK Nanaru, so would you replace Nanaru with Kyouko?

And should I ditch Halion. =/

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:20 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:Hold on, last ditch effort, try Kyouka/Yuuto/Kouin and just use that formation to defend while Kouin spams Trusscade, build a Recovery Facility if you wish. If you can outlast with the 3 Etranger and Kouin spamming Trusscade, then pretty soon you will deplete Apocalypse/Elemental Blast.

I tried it.....AND IT WORKED!!!

Although I had to abandon Lirelurael (And losing 20 mind on all characters) to advance back to Kemuseraut.

While en route, I set to construction 2 level 5 towers, and a recovery center...I managed to survive with all characters alive but with heavy injuries. Their apocalypse was depleted at that point and all i had to do is defeat the squads that ganged on me and advance back and retake Lielurael.

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 pm

Glad to hear. :D It would be pretty epic, since you only had a level 30, 31, and 36 against enemies I think would be 45-50?

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:00 pm

I wouldn't call it epic cos it was the most annoying part of the mission but it worked really well. Kyouko was losing health far too fast for Trusscade to heal, so I used training as a pseudo-healing method.
I then cleared out emptied enemies with my 4th squad who can't take apocalypse for crap. Later on they still had 4 apocalypse people available. I took 2 of those with Etranger team and the other two squads took the other two. After that it was just clearing out the enemies completely. When I finally get to conquering the towns, I figured I should take them on at a time because then I won't have unneeded casualties.

An off-topic question though, is there a full version of the PC opening of the game? I really liked the song.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:46 am

Er... You are defending right? Just stack Max Level Tower on that town. They are broken-tier when stacked.
I can even tank Silent Field II + Heaven Sword V combo with it.

persocom01

Post by persocom01 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 am

KholdStare88 wrote:Hey, do you think you can give some general hard mode tips, as in which characters are best to train? My problem is with Nelie, who aside from learning Silent Field and banishes early, can no longer attack. Is she still worth it or will training up Aselia and Selia good enough?

About Kyouko and Kouin, I would imagine they take a boatload of ether or level up like Yuuto. Are they worth using over the usual spirits? Ranarosart Orpha seems to be way more powerful than KK Nanaru, so would you replace Nanaru with Kyouko?

And should I ditch Halion. =/
Nelie probably has the best attack among blue spirits in very hard :/ (she even says "swordsmanship is my specialty" when she attacks) She is the only one capable of 3 action heaven's sword, which really hurts when combined with either aselia's silent field ii or tokimi's time shift (6x heaven's sword is just totally wicked). On hard difficulty she's worse then aselia at level 60, but still your best attacking blue spirit after aselia.

however, physical attacks are relatively weaker in very hard (because everyone tends to get huge helpings of hit points), so most of your damage will probably come from aoe red magic, of which, nanaru has the best. She has an attack of 500% while orpha only reaches about 450% at level 99. Moreover, it's alot easier to use nanaru's apocalypse ii than orpha's starlight due to mind requirements, and she has almost double the hit points orpha has. Selia is only good for banish (only on very hard, but shouldn't be underestimated, as she can normally 1 hit a green spirit with banish). Her attacks are mediocre. Halion is pretty decent as a defender at level 60, and on very hard her elemental blast is good for easily killing the last boss (who died all talk and no action), provided you know how to do it. Otherwise nimthor is better overall, since she has a better attack, and an elemental blast that deals the most damage among your green spirits, making her more versatile, as she can potentially fill any role if she has skill uses left.

in my opinion it's far better to choose to level a team which is available to you early, which means aselia, yuuto, esperia, and orpha, plus maybe nelie and nanaru. This ensures that you will be able to challenge very hard on your 3rd playthrough. If you're not concerned about very hard, this is not as important.
Last edited by persocom01 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:04 am

Alternatively, just replay normal so you can max them all in preparation for Hard. But hey, where's the fun in that XD

@solopy: OP for ya. Though I like the arranged version in Seinarukana better :D