Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
persocom01

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Post by persocom01 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:29 pm

mm... maybe it's not obvious enough, but just picking all the choices that favor aselia, esperia or orpha is not enough to get on their routes. You have to kill spirit squads with the heroine you want in yuuto's team in order to raise their love points with yuuto. Also, just in case, it's the turn 10 event of mission 14 that tells you what route you are on. There are events with uruka before that that don't mean that you are on her route.

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Seriously?

But why did I get the Uruka route anyway even though she wasn't usable at all before the event and I didn't pick any of her choices?

And about how many squads do I have to kill in order to make sure I get Aselia's route?

persocom01

Post by persocom01 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 pm

killing squads to raise love points only applies to aselia, esperia, and orpha. You're supposed to be able to tell how much they love you by looking at their status screen portrait, which changes depending on how much they love you. It initially starts with a scrowl. As for why you got the uruka route, you'll normally get her so long as you fail to get every other route. While there are some ways to actually get a bad end, considering the lack of the evil route in this version of the game, most likely you won't if you're not actively trying to.

I can't tell by the portrait how much is enough, but without events, you need to kill 40 squads with the heroine you want before routes are decided by the game. Yuuto and the heroine you want only need to be the squad to do the finishing blow, so it's often good to use another squad to soften them up an enemy squad (like kill 2 out of 3 spirits in it) first so that your main squad won't run out of skills as quickly. Also note that aselia's route > esperia's route > orpha's route > all other routes, so if you're not aiming for any of these 3 heroines you ought not to let yuuto fight together with them.

almost all the above information can be gleaned from careful reading of the guide though.

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Alright I'm almost at the end of my first playthrough but I'm stuck

I can't beat Mitsomdear (however it's spelled) of Defilment. Her support skill doesn't allow me to attack at all and I made no damage to her at the end of the battle...How do I beat her? Do I have to use the Eternals?

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 am

Her Support nuke only give -1 to action.
Any attacker with 2+ action per round can pummel through her defense. Same with defender/supporter.
Also, your Start support skill will activate before her, so Yuuto's Inspire work well here

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm

One final question.

I finished my first playthrough on Aselia route.

I noticed that Yuuto and Aselia kept their Eternal skills. I'm not worried about Aselia since she won't be an Eternal again, but what about Yuuto? If I erase his Eternal skills, will he learn them again when he becomes an Eternal again?

EDIT: Also, it states I can choose what language is displayed in chapter 1 when I start my second and further playthroughs...Where exactly can I make that choice?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 pm

As the guide states, you relearn the Eternal skills whenever a character becomes an Eternal.

And as the guide says, the language is automatically changed on 2nd playthrough, on 3rd and after you can choose.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 pm

I noticed that on the second playthrough, all the characters that was Kauto Kuminet kept that rank (even after leveling up). Does this mean that i can miss sub-spirit scenes and they will still retain that rank? I aimed for Nelie the first time, so does this mean I can get both Nelie and Shiah to be KK?

solopy567

Post by solopy567 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:01 pm

When they get the rank then they will keep it regardless of what happens. You can miss their scenes and they will retain it. They can die and they will retain it on the next playthrough.
You can only get either Nelie or Shiah to be KK on 1 playthrough, meaning you will need to play the game again to get Shiah to be KK.

And I need help too

I'm on mission 19: Bypass the wall of Order, and I am completely stuck on hard mode.
Here is my formation:

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/formation.png/
*Helion is also available and she is level 36

Not matter what I do, I can't survive with all my character the assault I recieve on my base. They have Apocalypse II and Elemental Blast, and I have no way to counter those.

What do I do? Can I escape this situation alive and with all my characters, or should I give up and restart the game? At most I will allow 1 character to die but no more, and only Kauto Kuminet ones.

KholdStare88

Post by KholdStare88 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

The first thing you should check is to see if you have a save file of the previous chapter, because you might still be able to level up characters before you finish. That would probably save you the trouble of restarting.

You can try resisting with supports raising elements and resist (Elemental I, Electric III). If you can attack first, attack the supporter with Shiah using Fury I (possibly coupled with Chaos Impact) then on the defending turn use Ignition to finish off the supporter before she uses Apocalypse II. A well-timed Harvest or Revive can also help. Esperia's super-cheating Gaia Bless activates twice and increase Resist. Does Apocalypse II take off 1 or 2 action? If you're lucky and it takes off 1 action, then you can try Nelie's Heaven's Sword.