Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
DarkMaster

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Post by DarkMaster » Sun May 09, 2010 10:16 pm

i think you need to see Halion, Nelie & Shiah scene to be able to watch nanaru's
do so by choosing the right choices after mission 5 and 9.
ten you'll get the "♥Rest in my room" & "♥Investigate Nanaru" choices.
also i think you can't get her final event (with kaori) in Tokimi or Kyouko routes because kaori gets a little diferent event there.

inconceivable_s

Post by inconceivable_s » Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks
so it's impossible on tokimi/kyouko routh
next time i'll try orpha routh

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Sun May 16, 2010 4:02 am

Hey guys, I've just recently picked up this game. Thanks to everyone involved for the translation patch, this game is totally worth it. Sorry to be a bit selfish here, but I'm at my wits end hunting for something that might tell me character level growth rates, spells learned etc. I know that I can play the game, max out yuuto, aselia, esperia, etc and pretty much roll thru everything. However I tend to dislike milking overpowered characters for all their worth in games such as this. Instead I like finding a good tactic by boosting other characters who specialize in things who compliment each other. Anyway, sometimes I'm quite frusterated with the results of leveling up certain people. Nanaru for example (I think that's her, the red spirit who plays music) is absolutely feeble at everything for me except she's got a omgwtfpwn fireshower (or is it fire rain? I forget). I kinda want to know what level I have to reach before she learns something else useful, and what exactly it will be. I also like putting levles into Orpha, because Esperia says that she has a high potential or something during the early game intruductions. Unfortunately, she really seems pretty bad, even compared to ordinary NPCS. She's got the worst hp that I've seen, so defense simply is not an option, her kick spells are a total joke compared to everyone elses short range attacks (Except Nanaru's so far, but it really doesn't matter, they both pretty much always do 0 against any form of defense, and lack the hits to bypass defense). Her support spells are indeed decent, but Nanaru's rain shower totally clobbers her own, and the other red spirit (I forgot her name), actually is more damaging with the other spells. I just got lightning fire though, and that is useful, but I rekon if I level up the other red spirit the same amount enough for her to get it too, hers will be better again as well.

ANYWAY, I don't really care if people think it's cheating or whatever to look at progression charts, I'm near the end of chapter 3, and aside from lightning squad's heavenly strike 2s and apocalypse spells (I still have nobody with ice banisher 4 yet lol, probably could if I spent the ether stockpile I have, but it's hard to spend it on training without gimping my rank for the stage, darrr), I'm not having much difficulty. I just want a level progression chart for my own fun really (I enjoy looking at such things even if I don't enjoy the game sometimes!). I read most of this thread and saw that someone said they had it and was willing to offer it to those who asked but was not really wanting to just post it otherwise, so I'm asking >=)

A simple link to where I can see one would suffice, if it's in Japanese, I think I'll manage. figuring out stuff like Level, stats, spellpower, etc shouldn't be too difficult no matter what language it is in >=). I just wish I could offer something in return as a poster, alas I cannot. Maybe later when I'm more experienced with this game myself >=)

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Sun May 16, 2010 11:15 am

You can check out viewtopic.php?f=5&t=149 though I've personally not looked at it so can't vouch for its accuracy.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sun May 16, 2010 12:12 pm

I will vouch for its accuracy. Nanaru Redspirit and Orpha Redspirit provide a great deal of late-game killing power. Orpha in the end gets pretty decent attacks and some attacks which take away actions, alongside powerful hitall magic. Himika's strong, but her problem is not being able to hit lots of people, so the redspirits are all very varied.

Mane

Post by Mane » Sun May 16, 2010 1:04 pm

I will say that the list is missing the Eternal skills for everyone except Tokimi. Also missing are the Lesteena and Tokimi route exclusive characters. I probably will not post the eternal skills, since you really can't really do anything about those (plot related). Route exclusive characters are inconstant--you don't get them again unless you do that route again.

Himika is pretty good for killing all-rounders, since her single target skills gets two actions. Selia and Aselia's Ice Banishers are some of the best support skills for dealing damage. You can 1-hit ko most green supporters late-game in normal mode just by banishing their skills. Does anyone find all-rounder Aselia's eternity remover+silent field II to be exceptionally cheap against enemy eternals?

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Sun May 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Derp, I browsed like 10pages back and never saw that thread. I must have missed it, thanks a bunch!

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sun May 16, 2010 5:06 pm

What's Eternity Remover's power? Nelie's HS V is extremely strong. To be honest I just hit enemy Eternals with Ether Sink and then disposed of them with HS III or the like.

Mane

Post by Mane » Sun May 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Eternity remover (in super hard mode) is 8400 (or is it 8600?), 1 action, and blue element. I deleted that move in a newer playthrough so can't give you the exact number. Basically a connected will with an element.

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Sun May 16, 2010 8:57 pm

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I notice that some skills seem to be more powerful than their power stat suggest. I notice that they are also orange instead of white (their name I mean). Does orange mean something? How much more powerful is it supposed to be? Orpha is an exception btw, I think hers are orange just to be special, kinda like it has a goofy font and whatever.

But anyway, for example, the red spirit's strike, double strike, and triple stike, despite only having 200-600 power, smack much harder than other abilities from other characters with more power AND more attack%. For example, her triple strike with 600 power nails enemies more than Yuuto's frenzy with 1000. Or Aeselia's fury skill, does well over 2X more damage as that impulse move, despite only having about 25% more power, and the Fury skill is orange. I didn't notice any mention of this in the guide, is it consider an attack-mod?

Thanks in advance for any help >=)