Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Volandum

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Post by Volandum » Tue May 04, 2010 7:14 pm

It's not a high priority. Helion Blackspirit is pretty poor, as is Faren Blackspirit. Her only real merit is Vanishing Halo which you can get off Uruka, her attacks are much weaker than Uruka's (no element is a huge penalty), and you'll practically never take her into the final battle. In attack she's overshadowed by Himika, Nimnthor and Uruka among others, she's not got the lasting power to be a real defender and her attack magic pales in comparison with Orpha or Nanaru's Ignition.

DarkMaster

Post by DarkMaster » Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 pm

well, on your 1st playthrough you should have enough mana to level more or less everyone to 30 (max in that difficulty).
drop faren and if you need too as she have terrible stat growth, and Shiah if you really low on mana.

but i disagree with Volandum about helion, she is quite useful in the latter levels, she will have high HP and can tank as good as halion greenspirit and better then esparia (damm her low res) ,she has ok damage with 4A attacks and the very useful Vanishing Halo support skill that was made FOR the final battle. she isn't top priority but still high one.

i have question on my own
character name (minor) spoiler:

i wonder what of Kyouko attack skills i should keep.
i probably gonna use Exceed VI (Black element 4A) as regular attack so it leaves me 2 slots open of the following.
Exceed II (720 Physical 4A target supporter)
Exceed III (720 blue element 4A can be powered with silent field)
Exceed VII (1020 Physical 5A)
Exceed VIII (8% Physical 5A)

any ideas?

kidlat020

Post by kidlat020 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 pm

So I'm hearing this right... I should just level-up Helion only at the last stages of my first playthrough. I'll keep her benched the whole time then...

DarkMaster

Post by DarkMaster » Tue May 04, 2010 8:42 pm

yes like i said she isn't first priority like yutto, aselia, nim and nanaru (the best chars you have access to now)
but once you have some spare mana, throw some to her. you won't be sorry.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Tue May 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Helion tanks nowhere near as well as Halion, who stops about 10K damage compared with Helion's 2.5K or so. Esperia is poor late on, I agree. Even Faren's attacks (4x elemental 600 power rather than non-elemental 1K) are stronger. The only real use I got out of Helion was magical attack with Iron Maiden and Terror, but she's pretty weak.

I think one Vanishing Halo (Uruka) is enough. The rest of my Aura Photon Nova tanking comes from Nimnthor's excellent 50% Wind Whisper IV with Aselia taking the hits with her 70K HP. That itself becomes unnecessary when you have Kouin's high-end Protections.

DarkMaster, I personally kept Exceed V, VI and VIII. Be warned though that V is DOWNGRADED when she becomes Eternal - it goes nonelemental from green. VIII is the most powerful physical attack you can get in the game barring D.P.K., Esperia Of the Green Earth's super-stab and Kyouko's Shining Breaker, and it's arguably better than Shining Breaker. Keep it. It goes from taking off 200% of the enemy's health to 320% once you get Eternal. VII becomes elemental once you become Eternal, but is pretty poor. I'm not really into boosting III with Silent Field, to be honest - when I want that combo I run Nelie. Targetting supporters for max 3600 * 4 = 14400 isn't that great really.

EDIT: I think VII becomes a strong elemental attack when you're Eternal, but I don't know. Can someone confirm?

DarkMaster

Post by DarkMaster » Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 am

well ok, not as good as halion but better then any non-green spirit. she works very well as 4th defender until you get your overpowered ethranger
and still useful after that.

the final boss have 4 death beams, yutto can take 2 of them, uruka 1 and helion 1, this is the only counter against them i found.

2 questions about takomi
1) is it possible to get her an high eternal title?
2)is her time leap spell worth it? (the one she learns in 99) as far as i understand it makes you unable to block as well.
should i keep it? and if so i should delete Time Compose (atk+def-) right? not Visions (atk+ elem-)

thanks

completely off topic:
check this cool tower defense game.
http://armorgames.com/play/3527/gemcraft-chapter-0

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 am

Actually Aselia stops 4K damage, Nelie 2.5K and Shiah 3.5K (Shiah's Frost Armour VIII is 1000 power as well). But anyway.

Blank/Lv99 Aselia/Lv90 Nim took 3 APNs, and Yuuto ate the last one.

I have never seen High Eternal Tokimi, sorry. Maybe someone who's hacked the game will know.

I have no idea about time leap at all. By that time I had high-level Kyouko, so Takios died in a round without any need to negate his Absolute Defense. I believe it's most useful for protecting yourself from counterattacks, which basically means the Flame Emperor guy, who will kill your attacker if you hit him too hard. I agree with deleting Time Compose.

Mane

Post by Mane » Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Deleted time compose for time leap. Very useful for the Flame Emperor alien and any enemy with countering defenses. I use it when Tokimi is an all-rounder. Critical One II is good enough since you want to aim for a 1-hit kill with that skill...it just suppresses everyone's defense skills...

Unrelated, but does anyone know why Aselia loses resistance as an eternal?

inconceivable_s

Post by inconceivable_s » Sun May 09, 2010 2:51 pm

I need a little help
How do i get nanaru to class Kauto Kuminet

on the 1st run i played aselia routh and didn't seen her scene
and on 2nd run i played tokimi routh but still can't get her to K&K

P.S. I've never used sword release
Last edited by inconceivable_s on Sun May 09, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sun May 09, 2010 3:08 pm

If you played Tokimi and still missed KK I'm not sure which scene you missed. Did you Sword Release her at any point? If not, someone like Phlebas will probably have advice.