Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.12

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
RexRox

Re: Gameplay FAQ / Walkthrough 1.1

Post by RexRox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Ice Banisher with Heaven's Sword? I remember that one, but I forget how I actually beat her. My squad's available were Uruka(L22), Hallion(L18), Himika(L20) and Aselia(L17), Nim(L17), Nanaru(L20) and I got through. If there's an Ice Banisher there, I tanked it somehow.

Edit: Now I know how I beat her - I took Mieyu before she got into the city. The spirit squad you're talking about spawns at the capital when you're two turns away from Mieyu. Without the city bonuses, she's easy pickings.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Oh, you get mana for beating spirits? I had no idea.

I think I had the same as RexRox.

teiglin

Post by teiglin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:42 pm

fwiw, I gave up on the same battle after about a dozen reloads on my first playthrough and just finished the mission (wish I'd noticed that the squad doesn't start in the city, jeez), but I still had enough ether to max level all but a couple of my spirits by the last mission.

RexRox

Post by RexRox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah, you get mana for beating spirits. Most give you a pittance though (50-500) unless they're an Etranger (oh, Kouin, how I love you for that 35k mana you gave me in mission 14).

As for the mana gained from taking Mieyu, it's nice, but meaningless in the long run. It's only really essential if you're SS-running like me and need every drop of Ether you can find. Either forget about the city or go back to a point before they spawn and take the city quicker this time if you really want it.

conanak99

Post by conanak99 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Etou, i let my spirits die in battle, can I get she back in the later chapters or she just disappears forever? :(

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Death is permanent.

hybras

Post by hybras » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 pm

SnowDream wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. Problem is, of course, she comes with a blue spirit with Ice Banisher V (she was the one guarding the capital city). V. Even enough to wtfpwn Apocalypse or revive. The one originally sitting on Mieyu came towards me and was dispatched easily once she is no longer on the castle. Uhmmm..... the delicious 36000 mana that city offers along with 16000 that spirit offers.... must resist...
Use Yuuto + Espelia or Yuuto + Halion. Use that Earth Prayer. Earth Prayer procs twice, and Ice banishers only work once. The second time Earth Prayer procs, it will go through.

However if you are saying Yuuto gets one shot k.o. by Heaven's Sword II (Assuming you didn't run out of defense skill counters). You are definitely doing something wrong in the game, harshly put, YOU FAIL.

And I refuse to believe a properly raised Espelia takes ANY damage at all from Heaven's Sword. Again, assuming, you haven't drained all your defense skill counters on Espelia, and using her most powerful block available at that point.

Good rule of thumb.

1. Espelia highest defense skill, RAW DEFENSE number should always be equal or higher than the highest attack(opponent) IN the battle field, if not, KEEP LEVELING HER UP UNTIL SHE DOES HAVE A SKILL EQUIVALENT OF DOING SO. (If someone is swinging a 1200 Heaven's Sword, Espelia should have a 1000-12000 block somewhere.) Other green spirits should be at the same level as Espelia herself.

2. Yuuto and Aselia should always be maxed out. And no NPC character should be higher level than Yuuto/Aselia. (When I say maxed out, I mean maxed out with whatever available trainers you happen to have at the time)

3. Blue spirits should always be able to banish enemy skills. (You need 3 banishers on the field, Aselia counts as one, and as I said before, you should have Aselia maxed out anyways, because of no. 2 rule)

4. It is recommended to use main characters as attackers, because you will not worry about mind issues. Missions always give bonuses to main characters at the end of it, normally sufficient to reload your mind to max again. (Regarding the issue of having Yuuto raising love points with a main character girl, then you will be forced to use NPC as main attackers, however that will be the reserve team)

5. You need approximately 3000 ether generation by the end of mission 4 or so. and Ether generation at about 9000 at the end of mission 10. Ether generation should go up to about 15,000 at the very end of the game. (Normal mode)

The rest are optional. And up to you to decide. I have gone through normal mode (first playthrough) mainly with missions on SS or S ranking and second run on hard mode with SS ranking for up to Mission 12 of the game right now.

Hard mode, you might find it difficult to keep Yuuto and Aselia maxed (atleast I haven't managed to max them out so far), but Green spirits should always be kept up to a certain point. So are blue spirits. Blue spirits banishing is always priority.

PS: Hard mode, I'm generating 9500 ether by the end of mission 4, and generating 18500 ether at mission 6. Ether generation shot up to 36500 at mission 12.

SnowDream

Post by SnowDream » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks for everyone's tips. FYI, Hybras, that Lv. 25 unit was sitting in a castle with a level 3+ tower as well as a structure that raises water, the element of heavenly sword. I shall try to take the city before it moves onto it. Looks like the cowardly way of killing units, running back to base to recharge, then coming back is backfiring!

EDIT: Works like a charm. Thanks.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:54 pm

I tend to say two banishers - Aselia and Selia, as the rest only banish once. Use an Apocalypse (Orpha or Nanaru) for the third team. In super hard I end up with a team with Aselia/Esperia/Selia (who now OHKOs with Ice Banish on greenspirits), one team with Orpha and one team with Nanaru.

SnowDream

Post by SnowDream » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:36 am

How can ice banish 1 hit KO when it only deals 6% damage? Is that not what the 6% on the effect area means?