Beta Testing?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
VisionsEdge

Beta Testing?

Post by VisionsEdge » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Will this game be in a beta test like all other translation patches or will you guys just release it and wait for people to report bugs and typos to patch it then? :D

I'm just asking because it is so anticipated. ;)

lightl

Re: Beta Testing?

Post by lightl » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 pm

my guess would be they will same something about it when they are nearly done with the translation, correct me if I am wrong.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 pm

We haven't really discussed it, but I can see a few options here. A full beta test would likely take a very long time because it's not a game you can play through in a day or two. We're playtesting it along with the translation as well.
If we feel confident enough we might just release it without any particular beta testing when it's done, and then release a 1.1 patch once it feels like we've rounded up most of the problems. Or alternatively we might have a few people test the routes in the order we translate them, as it seems we're going to be doing the translation route by route.
I don't really think we'll be holding any large-scale beta test, but will see I suppose. Will still be a little while before we get around to the routes.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

DFT

Post by DFT » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:55 pm

It would have been nice with a partial patch like Sengoku Rance though. The game would get a lot more attention that way compared to a normal release. Either way thanks for translating this.