English gameplay videos

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

English gameplay videos

Post by Phlebas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I'll post here if I make more videos, I'm not sure yet because I don't want to make any spoilerish ones while people can't play the translation.
Here's two gameplay videos so far, you can see the new font in action in them.

Gameplay #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IKoqPQZhYY
Gameplay #2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Efl4SS-buc
Gameplay #3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZhzoyk-gE (1st mission SS rank how-to)
Leave a note if you have something to say about the vids or want to request something.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

VisionsEdge

Re: English gameplay videos

Post by VisionsEdge » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:21 am

Hmmm, very nice. Love the work. Can't wait for the full release. :D

In anycase Phlebas, this was really nice. Can we be expecting a demo or trial? :?

OH! Also, it seems you have the links for both gameplays switched around. #1 actually goes to #2 and #2 actually goes to #1

Parame

Post by Parame » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:56 am

Very nice :).
The translation seems awesome too.

I do have a question though. Do we get to make the choices in the fights? I mean can we choose "defend" "attack" "magic" etc etc?
I didn't see any choice made in the video it just fought automatically or I missed something ^^;.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:28 am

The fights themselves play out automatically and people act according to their role in the squad, in other words you choose who attacks, defends and uses magic before the actual fight.

Parame

Post by Parame » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:48 am

Oh, I see. Doesn't that take away some of the fun?
I wouldn't know since I didn't play yet, but usually it feels better when we are more in control.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:01 am

Well not really, you are in complete control, it only plays out a little different. And there's no luck involved in the fights at all, so situation doesn't change suddenly without you being able to react to it - if you lose a fight you only have yourself to blame :D.

Parame

Post by Parame » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:37 am

Hehe I see ^^. That's a good thing. I'm looking forward to see how it plays out then :).

VisionsEdge

Post by VisionsEdge » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Lets just say its a Strategic Chess Game. I wouldn't define it as RPG, but more of a -Move your person and depending on the statistics (for example water beats fire, etc, etc, etc) you might have the upper advantage-

Its a really nice game bacause you basically don't have to do anything but level up your guys and try NOT to get them killed the 47000 HP Dragons that lurk in the caves. ;)

Parame

Post by Parame » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 pm

When they die is it like Fire Emblem/Sengoku Rance and you loose them for the rest of the game? Or you can somehow heal them ?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:39 am

Permanent death - in case of main characters that's game over, for other characters they just go under (and obviously no more scenes related to them).