Which Version of Eien no Aselia Do I Need?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Kouji

Re: FAQ

Postby Kouji » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:02 am

to make sure, are the savedata from jap version will be compatible with savedata from eng version ( from dakkodango, certainly :mrgreen: ) ?
thx a lot pal for translating this game
eagerly wait to play this with english version ;)

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 am

Kouji wrote:to make sure, are the savedata from jap version will be compatible with savedata from eng version ( from dakkodango, certainly :mrgreen: ) ?
thx a lot pal for translating this game
eagerly wait to play this with english version ;)

The saves should be fully compatible, yeah.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Sicksorrow

Postby Sicksorrow » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:37 am

Would you recommend this S-RPG to more experinced players of the genre? Or for beginners? Or would you say both?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Definitely both I'd say, it's good fun :D. I haven't played any game that has the same kind of gameplay, Seinarukana (which uses more or less same combat system but with further adjustments) is essentially the only one that should provide experience that makes it easier to play. Though the system by no means is difficult, its elements are very simple and easy to get the hang of - but more complex to master, I've still found new aspects to it after 4 playthroughs (it would've helped to read the tutorials *cough cough* XD).
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Sicksorrow

Postby Sicksorrow » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh man if Seinarukana was translated... :drools:
Sorry I'm a sucker for S-Rpgs, ever since Brigadine (for the PS) I became addicted.

Well another question what are the System requirements for both games?

lightl

Postby lightl » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Sicksorrow wrote:Oh man if Seinarukana was translated... :drools:
Sorry I'm a sucker for S-Rpgs, ever since Brigadine (for the PS) I became addicted.

Well another question what are the System requirements for both games?

Correspondence OS  Japanese Windows2000Prof/Xp (as for WindowsVista and each 64bit edition not yet correspondence)  (As for WindowsXp Media Center Edition and Tablet Edition outside support object) CPU  Necessity /Pentium4 or above Celeron of the same core Main memory  Above necessary /256MB HDD capacity  4.2GB Resolution  Indicatory possible environment above 800×600pixel Color number  Above necessary /16bit and above recommendation /32bit Graphics  Above VRAM necessary /64MB and above recommendation /128MB  * When VRAM is under 64MB, modifying setting, it does not operate, (the graphic system of part is outside operation guarantee, as for details from [kochira]) the sound card  The environment which corresponded to DirectSound, can play back PCM Remark  DirectX9.0c use and the correspondence to Direct3D are necessary that for Seinarukana, here for Eien no Aselia
Correspondence OS  Japanese Windows2000Prof/Xp (as for WindowsVista and each 64bit edition not yet correspondence)  (As for WindowsXp Media Center Edition and Tablet Edition outside support object) CPU  Necessity /PentiumⅢAbove 500MHz, recommendation /PentiumⅢAbove 800MHz Main memory  Above necessary /128MB and above recommendation /256MB HDD capacity  Smallest /1.2GB and maximum /1.8GB Resolution  Indicatory possible environment above 640×480pixel Color number  Above necessary /16bit and above recommendation /32bit Graphics  Above VRAM necessary /8MB and above recommendation /16MB Sound card  The environment which corresponded to DirectSound, can play back PCM Remark  DirectX9.0c use and the correspondence to Direct3D are necessary
PS yeah I am lazy took it off of the game site and ran it threw a uato translate :roll:

Sillarra

Postby Sillarra » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Here's the requirement posted by lightl, now in a more readable format:

Seinarukana
Compatible OS: Windows 2000 Professional / XP (Windows Vista and 64-bit editions not yet compatible)
(Windows XP Media Center Edition and Tablet Edition not supported)
CPU: Pentium 4 or above / Celeron of the same core speed
Main memory: 256 MB and above
HDD capacity: 4.2 GB needed
Resolution: 800×600 pixel and above
Color bitrate: 16-bit (32-bit recommended)
Graphics: 64 MB VRAM necessary (128 MB recommended)
* When VRAM is under 64MB, graphic settings are not available (operating under this condition is not
supported, as per details from [kochira])

Sound: Direct Sound compatible, and can play back PCM
Remarks: DirectX 9.0c compatible Direct3D are necessary

Eien no Aselia
Compatible OS: Windows 2000 Professional / XP (Windows Vista and 64-bit editions not yet compatible)
(Windows XP Media Center Edition and Tablet Edition not supported)
CPU: Pentium III or above (500 MHz or above recommended)
Main memory: 128 MB and above (256 MB recommended)
HDD capacity: Smallest install 1.2 GB, Maximum install 1.8 GB
Resolution: 640x480 pixel and above
Color bitrate: 16-bit (32-bit recommended)
Graphics: 8 MB VRAM necessary (16 MB recommended)
Sound: Direct Sound compatible, and can play back PCM
Remarks: DirectX 9.0c compatible Direct3D are necessary

I hope my interpretation is correct... :?

Note: For the OS, I asked before in this topic and Phlebas said that the patched game works with Windows Vista 64-bit. The English version should have the latest patch built-in, so no worries there.
Last edited by Sillarra on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Hidden Goddess will be with me."
"And isn't that alone?"
~The Eye of Night~

lightl

Postby lightl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:08 pm

thanks Sillarra making since of my giberish kinda post, was typing it on 2 hrs of zzz :D

Sicksorrow

Postby Sicksorrow » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 am

Thanks to both of you for that little piece of info :)

fatedsoul

Postby fatedsoul » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 am

Sillarra wrote:And I know it's too early to ask this but...will you be translating the Sei Naru Kana ~The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2~ too after you've finished with Eien no Aselia?

I know my presence may not mean much, but... I second this. My friends and I have been interested in this game since day one of it's release. :3 I know this is asking a lot, but... please give the game a chance and play it when you can. Hopefully it's gameplay and beautiful CGs will convince at least some of the Dakkodango team to translate it. : )

Return to “Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de”