JAST official Eien no Aselia localization

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

JAST official Eien no Aselia localization

Post by Phlebas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm

http://www.jastusa.com/aselia/

Nice to see more love for the game, especially with them picking the best version as well ;). Here's hoping it'll do well.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

exerron

Re: JAST official Eien no Aselia localization

Post by exerron » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:45 pm

It's nice to see indeed...have they contacted you (I mean Dakkodango) about the translation?
Does this have any impact on the Seinarukana translation project?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Yes and presumably no.

They asked for our cooperation, but in the end didn't exactly need it as when talks progressed it turned out Xuse wanted them to use their own pre-existing translation.

As for Seinarukana, progress is a bit halted atm due to translator having gone missing, and it might only affect it if Aselia sales go well and they consider Seinarukana as the next step I suppose.

Garmr

Post by Garmr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:40 am

I've already pre-ordered! I can't say how happy I am to be seeing that the better quality visual novels are starting to be localized more often.

Usually I'd prefer the latest versions of anything but in this case I'm happier that they chose to go with the all-ages version, I like this not for the adult content but the incredible story. Maybe it's just me but both this and Seinarukana seem to be games where the H-scenes would do more to interrupt the flow of the story than anything, right?

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Phlebas wrote: As for Seinarukana, progress is a bit halted atm due to translator having gone missing, and it might only affect it if Aselia sales go well and they consider Seinarukana as the next step I suppose.
Call missing persons, organize the search teams, let the manhunt begin! ...News of missing translator makes me sad.

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Nice, it's cool seeing some of the more obscure Japanese games getting localized lately, games like this, Reccetear, Suguri, etc.
It's kind of a shame when games with existing fan translations get done over ones that still need them though. I'd die if Desparioso got translated (or however you spell it). I'd also like to see it done to Arcanum knights when it comes out since I'm addicted to that guy's previous game.

How long has the translator been missing for? Hopefully they're ok.

exerron

Post by exerron » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:25 am

Well I hope he returns after regaining lost hp and sp...

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 am

Mmm... Watched the preview and if those screens with Aselia are anything to go by, it seems the version they're bringing will be the 18+ one... Maybe with the Dark route too?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Um no, it's the all-ages version.

flying dagger

Post by flying dagger » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:17 pm

JAST has a recent history of licensing fan translated games, which I see as a rather questionable business model.
I would be much much happier if they invested the resource re-translating Eien no Aselia into something new. Why redo all the work when a high quality translation project is already readily available to the English speaking community?

Very sad to hear about the halt in the Seinarukana project. After finishing Eien no Aselia I am looking forward to its sequel. Perhaps Jast should have invested in Seinarukana instead of starting all over with Eien no Aselia: With a fan base already available from the success of Eien no Aselia, a Seinarukana translation should sell pretty well. Side question: does anyone have a mirror of nighteye's blog translation of seinarukana. He took those down when he got involved with the translation project.

Wonder if Jast/Xuse will be sending a CoD to dakkodango to take down all the work they have done on the Eien no Aselia project.