Help with Rank SS

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
siegefried

Help with Rank SS

Post by siegefried » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:02 am

Any tips for S-ranking mission 5 & 6? I can only manage ss up to mission 4...

The distance between the units which took the objective in the previous missions and the new objectives are too great...

cheese
Site Admin

Re: Help with Rank SS

Post by cheese » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:09 pm

As far as I know, it's impossible to SS mission 5 on your first playthrough, unfortunately. You can SS mission 6 if you spend mission 5 training and pre-positioning your troops for it.

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:03 am

I thought so, thank you very much for your insight. =)

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:53 am

Now that I have managed to rank SS everything up to Hard Mission 19 that can be except for Normal Mission 5, here are some of my thoughts...

1. Leave some ether for buildings, particularly a level 3 lab (at least, preferably level 4), ether jump clients (for the last trainers), and recovery facilities (for missions where you get swarmed, such as with Malorigan/Heaven Sword spam). Towers help in saving turns, but might not be necessary.

2. It might seem useful to have a squad that takes care of things like recruiting trainers, but placing them in combat can drastically reduce the turns it takes for the main mission and still achieve the same side objectives. It is actually possible to take all 3 routes on Mission 16, get the mana crystal, take all cities/towns, and recruit Rowinar, as well as building an ether jump client for Quofude, for the first playthrough on both Normal and Hard. The secret on Normal was Uruka + Nanaru, hitting the Heaven Sword user with Uruka and using Apoc to either shut down the Heaven Sword or finish off the Blue Spirit outright.

3. Your red spirits will make getting the rank SS all that much easier. (Hit all spells, ether sink + triple swing, Inferno (double cast will still hit once even with an enemy banisher))

4. Aselia is freakishly strong imo. She excels in attack, has a double banish, can actually tank spells (suck it up Esperia). Placing her in the same team as Yuuto might actually not be a good idea unless you're going for her route, or you need the firepower of Passion to soup up her attack. As an all-rounder, she finishes off at least one of the Eternals on the final mission (that ohko !@#$) with a ohko herself (thank god for Ether Sink)

5. If you heavily level your green and blue spirits, you will have an easy time till Mission 16, whereas if you level them more evenly, it takes slightly more planning up till then but an easier time for SS-ing thereafter.This applies to Normal of course.

Will add more when I think of it. =)

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:16 am

You can SS normal mode mission 5, it's just... really really hard and tight on schedule, and require a long preparation from mission 4. Basically, just rush mission 4 as fast as u can, kill 2/3 of the spirit guarding the final town, leave a squad of 2 sub-spirits there (make sure they can kill the squad protecting that road in mission 5 (don't remember for sure if there is a squad there in mission 5?) and 6 (pretty easy even with 2 spirits, u have tons of time to do this anyway). The rest of the team, rush back to the other side and begin leveling up like a madman (with focus on your DD, aka Yuuto/Aselia/Himika). You can then take your time in Mission 5 leisurely to kill everything as soon as they show up.

Till the final 2 squads that is... They show up in 2nd to last turn, which means you have to finish them off in your turn (the last turn) to get SS, which needs... particularly tight skill/damage planning. Nanaru with her AOE and Yuuto/Aselia/Himika high damage are keys here.

The reward for all this pain is not worth it, tbh... :?

Lynx190

Post by Lynx190 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:49 am

yeah, the main problem with Mission 5 is that the space outside the capital is off-limits, which means if an enemy is standing there you have to let them attack you, you can't attack them. And if you don't kill them in one battle, you have to wait 3 more turns before they'll act again. And because of that long delay you have to kill the initial squads really fast to ensure the newly-spawned ones have enough time to advance and become fightable. As a result I was unable to pull it off until I think my second playthrough of Super Hard, where I was plenty leveled to beat them down in one battle.

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I agree that the in-game reward is not worth it. There would be a sense of tactical satisfaction though. =)