A question or two(Spoilers)

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Mkilbride

A question or two(Spoilers)

Post by Mkilbride » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:43 am

Anyways, I'm right near the end I believe, but kinda finding it hard to find the drive to go on.

50 hours in, fighting the Eternals, in that big red square room thing, and I just feel so bored with the combat system. Story is good, but the combat system does not have nearly enough variety, and they're forcing 2-3 hours of constant fighting, when I just want the damn THING TO END!

So I was planning to use a trainer to max stats / turns / ectera, all that. Just so I can sweep right through this last part easily. My question is; do stats carry over to the next playthrough or so? Cause I mean, I notice some side bosses are like 30,000HP and you never have enough free time to fight them when you're finally powerful enough, and early on, you're to weak, so do levels and such carry over? If so, I'll go normal, if not, cheating time.

lunarium

Re: A question or two(Spoilers)

Post by lunarium » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:19 am

Carry over:
All character Level
Subspirit class
Main chars pre-eternal class
All skills learned
Mind score

Not carry over:
Mana
Eternal class
Sword release count
Eternal skills disabled till you become Eternal again

Also, hard mode is unlocked after normal (capped lv 60). Super hard unlocked after hard (capped lv 99)
Are you masochist enough to aim for super hard? :roll:

Mkilbride

Post by Mkilbride » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:19 am

Alright, thanks, then no, I'm not going to cheat.

And nah, I don't plan for Super Hard, or even Hard most likely. I have no motivation to play through the game again due to the Battle System becoming more of a chore after the Nostalgic feeling wears off, and I realize it's Soul Nomads battle system watered down.

I wish they had an option to skip all battles on sub-sequent playthroughs.

Also, the Route system is retarded! So to get another characters route, I have to ignore some characters, and use others. Great! Cause like, only some characters are entirely useless, and some are entirely vital...what ever happened to routes being chosen by answering a series of questions? That was fair & balanced. I usually like to complete all routes in a Visual Novel, but due to the length of it, and being unable to skip the battles.

Utawaremono is a case of this done right, long RPG, no decisions, so no need to replay.

And then I read the routes hardly change, save for a few minor scenes!(Major difference is Kyoko living, I suppose)

I've been spoiled by VN's like Tsukihime, and Fate Stay Night, with unique and varied routes that turn out differently.

------------

Ok, screw this, fighting Mitosemar, and it seems NONE of my attacks except for te FIRST one hits her? So I cannot beat her with my squad...wonderful, my other Squad is only on the other fucking side of the map. I could finish her in one freaking turn with Aselia's Eternity Remover, but NOOO, I get BSEd like this.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

There is no time limit for that stage, couple with tons of free heal point too. 3 bosses along with their skills are revealed at the beginning of the map. It's your fault for not checking it out first :|

Mkilbride

Post by Mkilbride » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:25 pm

I checked out the map 3x over, and I know where the bosses are, so I split into two groups. The problem is that it seems I can't fight Mitosemar, almost none of my attacks, attack her, or do like 100 damage, and then she ends up killing us before it finishes.

It's a Squad consisting of a LV.24 Yuuto, LV.27 Aselia, and LV.30 Esperia. No Eternal skills work on her...which sucks. Just saying it is bonafied BS.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am

You can bash her head in with
Connected Will
Aura Photon Blade
Eternity Remover
Heavenly Sword
Critical One

..There are so many ways to defeat her/damage before she use her debuff. And with Esperia there, no way u can die before unloading them all on her.
Are you sure we are playing the same game? :|

Lynx190

Post by Lynx190 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:26 pm

It might be different on Normal, but having just finished my first superhard playthrough, Mitosemar's support ability is a Start Support that debuffs everything except resist and removes 1 action... thus you have to use skills with multiple actions (or your own start support abilities). I can't remember exactly what I did on normal, it was probably Aura Photon Blade II. In my case I had all characters at lvl 30 except for Faren and Nanaru though, lvl 24 Yuuto might be a problem.

Mitosemar is kind of tricky compared to the others just because her ability being Start Support prevents you from using Aselia's broken Ether Sink like on the rest of the bosses. Of course this last playthrough she was a joke because I was using the ultra-broken Io, I could have defeated Shun in 1 round too except I didn't want to damage Nelie's mind for no reason, so it took 2 instead :p

But yeah the gameplay gets very tiresome, I've spent an insane amount of time on this game already just for my first three playthroughs (2nd playthrough I was re-reading most of the story instead of skipping everything, so it took almost as long as my 1st). Just when I get on a roll and think I'm going to breeze through a mission (3rd playthrough superhard felt a lot easier than 2nd playthrough hard most of the time), something goes wrong and I wind up spending an hour or two trying to figure out how to beat a nasty city defense. Of course the fact that I insist on trying to get SS rank every mission makes things a lot tougher; probably the worst time sink though is managing characters' mind... trying to keep Esperia's mind from dropping too fast and keeping Orpha's from climbing requires too damn much planning of each battle.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:45 am

Oh shi-, forgot that her debuff was start support timing. Blame my fail memory :? . Aura Photon Blade and Kyoko still own her ass though.
Better way around Esperia/Orpha is just to use their alternative though, namely Nim and Nanaru. Subspirit FTW :lol: