Help getting started!

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
molitar

Help getting started!

Post by molitar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Ok I keep dying in the early battles.. I have no idea who or what I should be training.. so I end up being killed early on.. how do I got healed? Who do I need to train I read somewhere but lost the URL who I should be training first and who not to.. but now I can't find any reference to it. Walkthrough is useless because unlike any walkthroughs I have actually read their is no STRATEGY included.. it just says this is what you will face.. I am looking for a real walkthrough that will give real help saying who to level.. how to place battlers, ect.. The in game tutorial is useless it gives no idea what I should be leveling.. does leving Yuuto really do anything? None of these are answered in game to get you started.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Help getting started!

Post by Phlebas » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

You recover while in bases.
Level Aselia after mission 1 to get the next level of Ice Banisher. Don't level Orpha until after mission 3. That should get you along.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

molitar

Post by molitar » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks.. now I got 2 squads.. well Yuuto by himself seems to do very poorly.. how should I divide them up to make a decent fighting force to complete mission 1?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Check 3rd vid at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63 if you need specific help on the first mission, it should give you good pointers too.
Overall you either need to conserve your skills, wait at start in base for the enemies to attack, or return to rest in Rakios to finish that mission. Carefully conserving the skills is the only way to clear the mission at best rank.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

ova

Post by ova » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:48 am

For the first three missions, mainly train Yuuto and Aselia for some extra hp and skills...and if you have some spare mana level Esperia one or two level for new skill too but not highly recommend.

TIps:
+ You don't have to train on mission 1 and 2 because it will waste your turn to get a better rank...there should be enough turn on mission 3 for you to train your characters.
+ Ice Banisher of Blue Spirit can cancel Red Spirit's spell according to skills' level so it's a very important skill in this game (Better get Ice Banisher II for Aselia early in the game just in case)
- Blue = Attack
- Green = Defend
- Red = Support Attack
- Black = Destruction Element, can use for Defend or Support (Ice Banisher cannot interrupt Black's support)
+ For mission 1 and 2 you can either put Aselia, Esperia and Orpha in the same squad or Aselia + Esperia and Yuuto + Orpha (Defender - Supporter)
+ For mission 3, first put Orpha in a new squad alone and get her to the Guardian Dragon's Bed and the other stay in Rakios leveling up as much as you can...(yup you can level all 3 at once or just Yuuto or Aselia) don't worry, they won't have a chance to take your base at Elsao, just move Orpha every turn and head in the cave and all your members will be there, a tough battle waiting for you...

molitar

Post by molitar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 am

Help I can't defeat the dragon! The game won't let me level orpha to level 9 or Esperia.. and the dragon battle always kills one of my characters before I can kill the dragon.. I can not figure out how to defeat the dragon at all.. what do I need to do?

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Both Yuuto and Aselia should be level 5.
Make a squad with Yuuto, Aselia and Esperia. Put Yuuto as the defender, Esperia as the supporter, and Aselia as the attacker. Make sure that Esperia is using Earth Prayer each turn to heal.
That should get you by.
As the guy said though, DON'T level Orpha just yet. She's pretty much useless at the beginning of the game.

molitar

Post by molitar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks.. I pretty much already maxed all the characters in levels except for Orpha and Yuuto.. Yuuto is level 6 or 7.. and Orpha is level 8.. but not getting anymore training opportunities yet to finish maxing them.. can't train anyone else yet until a new trainer shows up.. ok will try the formation you recommend tried about every other one but that one.

molitar

Post by molitar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:55 pm

Ok.. now I got a new problem.. what use are the training centers? I still can only train in the capital only. So no idea why I would want to build a training center for they don't seem to work for training. It took me forever to figure out why I could not train.. seems I can only train while in the capital.. finally can start training again.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Training centers? Well, you first build them in a city and wait a few turns for the center to finish building. Afterwards, you can train troops in the city that you built the training center in.