Seinarukana translation project

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Seinarukana translation project

Post by Phlebas » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Megaolix wrote:
Kainthedamned wrote:It would be fantastic if Dakkodango could release a patch, but if they signed anything with jast, I don't see them doing it.
Can a staff member answer this?
It's too early to say anything about that at this point, we haven't discussed many of the details with JAST yet.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Phlebas wrote:
Megaolix wrote:
Kainthedamned wrote:It would be fantastic if Dakkodango could release a patch, but if they signed anything with jast, I don't see them doing it.
Can a staff member answer this?
It's too early to say anything about that at this point, we haven't discussed many of the details with JAST yet.
Oh? Then I wish you guys good luck in those discussions. It would be really sad if us fans got shafted hard in the end (like thsoe who preordered EnA).

DxS

Post by DxS » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:08 am

Kainthedamned wrote:I have looked a bit at Jast record, the pessimists seem to be right, they buy licence for games and never sell them otherwise than in preorder. They have had two games already translated entirely by fans in stock for more than six months, and no intention of actually sending them even if they cash in with it, it's completely crazy. At this level, it's nearly a scam.

God, we will never play Seinarukana, that's depressing.
You obviously have not looked as Jast's records as everything that you've said in your post is completely wrong.
Please stop talking about shit you don't understand since all you're doing is misinforming people.
Kainthedamned wrote:
Megaolix wrote:Wait, what? That can't be legal. Surely there's a way by the law to force them to release them, right?
If you are dumb enough to give them money in preorder when they don't give you any date for a release, no it's legal. They can make you wait five years if they want, so long as they finaly send it in the end. And for five years they keep making cash without actually doing anything, and without the possibility of the game being hacked. All they have to do is say they are 'fixing a few bugs'. Brilliant. Mangagamer do not accept preorder before fixing a release date, and they always respect it (at least that was the case for the last 3 games I bought), but Jast do not seem to have that kind of ethical problems.

It would be fantastic if Dakkodango could release a patch, but if they signed anything with jast, I don't see them doing it.
Oh, I'm sorry you seemed to have missed the fact that Jast does not bill you on your pre-order until after they ship the game. That means that they have not taken a single cent from anybody until after the game has been released. So Jast does not benefit in anyway by delaying the game to "fix a few bugs" since that actually prevents them from making money, rather they're doing it so that paying customers can have the most professionally done/bug free experience possible. If they wanted to as you put it "keep making cash without actually doing anything" then they would just release it without fixing any bugs since that would take less time and effort. Furthermore, the longest Jast has ever had pre-orders on a game open for is a year and that only happened because the Japanese company who original made the VN held them up. Also if you'd done any research you'd realize that a pre-order program is one of the most requested features for MG (because contrary to what you believe they don't even have a pre-order program yet), the PR people are even talking about how they're trying to set one up so please don't start spouting bullshit about how "ethical" MG is for not having a Pre-order options since they themselves want one.

Once again I'll ask you to please stop talking about shit you don't understand since all you're doing is misinforming people.
Megaolix wrote:
Phlebas wrote:
Megaolix wrote: Can a staff member answer this?
Oh? Then I wish you guys good luck in those discussions. It would be really sad if us fans got shafted hard in the end (like thsoe who preordered EnA).
Just please read the above and ignore Kainthedamned's posts he is completely misinformed and your view on Jast should not be skewed by him. The people who pre-ordered EnA have not been "shafted" at all the game is supposed to be coming out in the next few months and the people who pre-ordered it will not be paying anything until the day it is released as Jast only bills you for your pre-order at the time the game has been shipped.

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 am

Message clear DxS. Still, no offense, but the fact that thsoe who want to buy the game still have to wait a few months does not make me happy. That would make the next game only buyable in a year or two, depending on when the translation is done.

And frankly, just thinking about having to wait that long pisses me off.

Kainthedamned

Post by Kainthedamned » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Collecting credit card numbers or money is not in itself that different, when you are not providing any promises or information in exchange. And I have got nothing against JAST, I bought 2 G-collection games which were, if not perfectly translated to my taste, very pleasant.

But the general opinion (and the facts) is that being licencied by JAST is synonym to coming to a grinding halt for a visual novel project. It was the case fo My Girlfirend is the President (still nowhere in sight after 7 months, quite the accomplishment for a game where Jast did not have to do any translation work), for Eien no Aselia (which, thanks god was finished before JAST had a chance to put its hands on it), and quite spectacularly with School Days, where the project went from translation in progress to basicaly dead. Dishonesty or incompetence, it does not realy matter, it is just a fact that seinarukana becoming a Jast project is an horrible news for people waiting for it. Instead of begining of 2012, we can now only hope against all hope being able to buy it by the middle of 2013. It is not 'shit', it's just what it is. Won't stop me from buying it, but it's important that people who are waiting for this game know that they better take the idea of playing it, put it in a box, and open it the morning of christmas in 18 months. At best.

tsumaster

Post by tsumaster » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Sorry for the ignorance of this poor mortal ...
do not quite understand ... :?:
There will be more the patch? :( :o
I even bought the Japanese version considering using the patch ... um ... Then, with the Jast's license, it will not longer have the patch?
(Do not know much about English :oops: , so I had to ask to have a clear answer ...)

itsbigdan

Post by itsbigdan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi guys,
Great job in doing the Seinarukana patch; Though the game will be license soon. I Just wanted to ask. Did you guys use a backward engine sdk for this to extract the picture etc and translated it? care to share which app you used? as i might wanted to try one myself.

ova

Post by ova » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 am

@tsumaster
DD stats that they haven't discuss it with JAST yet so it haven't confirm, but i believe there is only a slim chance to none that we'll get a patch for it.

LightYami

Post by LightYami » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:32 am

Has there been any progress with the translation?

Renkosuke

Post by Renkosuke » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Gomen nasai :(

Almost sorta done with chapter 5, maybe? :X