Seinarukana translation project

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Seinarukana translation project

Post by Phlebas » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:46 am

Megaolix wrote:So, I would like to ask the staff: What's happening now? Anything you can tell us or are lips sealed by contract? I for one simply want to know how far back this will push the day we'll start playing this in English.
Business as usual here. If anything this will speed up the release by motivating the translator :D .
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:52 am

Phlebas wrote:
Megaolix wrote:So, I would like to ask the staff: What's happening now? Anything you can tell us or are lips sealed by contract? I for one simply want to know how far back this will push the day we'll start playing this in English.
Business as usual here. If anything this will speed up the release by motivating the translator :D .
What?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll love it if it's released earlier than expected, but how come? Even once its translated, it will take much time before the game is released, right? Unless you're saying a patch will still be released?

And speaking of translator, how he's doing? Script progress page hasn't seen much progress...

anurooj

Post by anurooj » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 am

What a amazing post,

quran urdu translation

Vascudo

Post by Vascudo » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:10 am

What about those who already bought Seinarukana? Will we get a patch or will we have to buy the game again?

I normally would be pretty happy about the licensing, but since I already got the Seinarukana Special Edition I feel rather... conflicted.

ova

Post by ova » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:40 pm

i guess u will have to buy another one...

Kainthedamned

Post by Kainthedamned » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I have looked a bit at Jast record, the pessimists seem to be right, they buy licence for games and never sell them otherwise than in preorder. They have had two games already translated entirely by fans in stock for more than six months, and no intention of actually sending them even if they cash in with it, it's completely crazy. At this level, it's nearly a scam.

God, we will never play Seinarukana, that's depressing.

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 am

Wait, what? That can't be legal. Surely there's a way by the law to force them to release them, right?

Then again, the patch of Eien no Aselia is still available... Does that mean that you guys can get the patch out so long as the game isn't officially released in English?
Last edited by Megaolix on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Levertand

Post by Levertand » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 am

Megaolix wrote:Wait, what? That can't be legal. Surely there's a way by the law to force them to release them, right?

Then again, the patch of Eien no Aselia is still available... Does that mean that you guys can get the patch out so long as the game isn't released in English?
Oh, this is going to be so interesting.

Kainthedamned

Post by Kainthedamned » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:26 am

Megaolix wrote:Wait, what? That can't be legal. Surely there's a way by the law to force them to release them, right?
If you are dumb enough to give them money in preorder when they don't give you any date for a release, no it's legal. They can make you wait five years if they want, so long as they finaly send it in the end. And for five years they keep making cash without actually doing anything, and without the possibility of the game being hacked. All they have to do is say they are 'fixing a few bugs'. Brilliant. Mangagamer do not accept preorder before fixing a release date, and they always respect it (at least that was the case for the last 3 games I bought), but Jast do not seem to have that kind of ethical problems.

It would be fantastic if Dakkodango could release a patch, but if they signed anything with jast, I don't see them doing it.

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:15 am

Kainthedamned wrote:It would be fantastic if Dakkodango could release a patch, but if they signed anything with jast, I don't see them doing it.
Can a staff member answer this?