Seinarukana translation project

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
lightl

Re: Seinarukana translation project

Post by lightl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:15 am

Renkosuke wrote: lol translating time. I guess you weren't here for the past 4 months :P
I know 7 real short, oh Renkosuke how you like the ambigouly gay duo in ch 5 :lol: come back and hang out on irc

Renkosuke

Post by Renkosuke » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 pm

lightl wrote: I know 7 real short, oh Renkosuke how you like the ambigouly gay duo in ch 5 :lol: come back and hang out on irc
There's nothing ambiguous about them >.< Also, I pop in IRC every once in a while, but people are usually sleeping! xD

LightYami

Post by LightYami » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:38 pm

So, has there been any translation progess? I wonder when JAST USA gets to release it, hahaha.

World Tree

Post by World Tree » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Has Renkosuke forsaken us? Or is JAST interfering somehow? I hope they haven't gotten another TL that stopped Renkosuke from doing the translation since I greatly prefer Renkosuke, and also to because to avoid different writing style/diction translation issues.

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:26 am

Try going on the IRC if you haven't, can prob get better info there.

Ausdoerrt

Post by Ausdoerrt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 am

siegefried wrote:On my third playthrough now, so I am able to understand how the combat system works. That said, it is impossible for me to figure out the skills which all look similar, such as the 0/0 moves with the exception of some such as inspire (though it's nearly all I use too). Another area which is tough for me to figure out are the blue support skills, which being able to vanish what is o.O".
B/Vanish is an Interfere(Intercept? i forger what it was called) skill that triggers on enemy spell cast and basically cancels it if it's below a certain indicated level. Think MtG Cancel (http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Cancel) but with a maximum level. E.g Vanish I will stop a fireball but not a Fire Storm. There's a few similar Blue skills, some deal damage to the caster. Also sth to watch out for if enemy has a Blue on support.

There's a very basic guide to combat here: http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Cancel It covers the basics, but you'll have to figure out some of the less common skills yourself.

Renkosuke

Post by Renkosuke » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

I haven't mooed on here for a while, so a short update!

Life-determining exams have essentially passed (save for university-specific ones) with the general result that I'm pretty much boned on getting into any Japanese universities this year. Don't worry, however! I failed the Math and Physics portions of the exam, not the Japanese language ones, so your translating is still safe (ish) with me! :P

As for the game itself, I'm pretty behind schedule to be honest. Almost done (1 scene left) with Chapter 6, then I'll be moving on to chapter 7 etc. Luckily, school has gone to morning-only, and this Sunday is the last test I'll have in a long time, so aside from the university interview preparations I'll be doing for the 2 universities that were not wiped off my list after that horrible, horrible exam, I should have plenty of time to finish translationings!

Expect a release sometime around Summer. Of 2020

World Tree

Post by World Tree » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:55 am

I'm happy and glad to see that you're still with us, Renkosuke.

Sad to hear about those exams. I wish you for the better in the future. ^^

Alcion

Post by Alcion » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:58 am

While I'm sure everyone would love to play Seinarukana translated, it should never become more important than what you need to do in life.
Even if its a hobby you greatly enjoy.

There's no rush, but I'm kidding myself if I said I don't want to play Seinarukana too ;)

ZeroQ

Post by ZeroQ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:47 am

Yo. Just wanted to know how far you guys are on the TL. Like maybe 40% now?