Seinarukana translation project

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
lightl

Re: Seinarukana translation project

Post by lightl » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Renkosuke wrote:Gomen nasai :(

Almost sorta done with chapter 5, maybe? :X
come back on irc channel so quit now lol :lol:

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Possible to release patch with just menu, skills etc. translated?

World Tree

Post by World Tree » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:25 am

siegefried wrote:Possible to release patch with just menu, skills etc. translated?
I know the topic whether a patch is possible has already been talked about, and I know that the answer is a no, but I really wish for at least this, anyways.

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:13 am

I think having a battle system that people can discuss easier will probably spur more interest in the title too. Of course, I am also selfish in wanting to have an easier time playing the game :lol:

Ausdoerrt

Post by Ausdoerrt » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

If you can read Katakana, you can understand 90% of the move descriptions. I also recall there being a very detailed and informative wiki for the game in Japanese, which with a little Google Translate becomes almost understandable.

I posted a compilation of Nighteye's earlier translation work on the title a few pages back, and iirc it makes a few mentions of the combat system as well. Overall, if you've got patience, the combat system isn't all that hard to figure out, except for a few little things.

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:21 pm

On my third playthrough now, so I am able to understand how the combat system works. That said, it is impossible for me to figure out the skills which all look similar, such as the 0/0 moves with the exception of some such as inspire (though it's nearly all I use too). Another area which is tough for me to figure out are the blue support skills, which being able to vanish what is o.O".

Much thanks for the translations upload, can't believe I missed that when combing the topic.

Renkosuke

Post by Renkosuke » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I can't say anything about uploading a partial patch for the game system, but yes, not knowing Japanese might hinder understanding on how some of the moves work xD It took me a little while to figure it out too. I guess NE's translation should have all of that there, but if there's something you're not sure about, please feel free to send me a PM :)

SO after 4 months of flopping around the ground like a fish, for no apparent reason, I've finally completed CHAPTER FIVE. Well, mostly anyway. There are 2 sections in it that I can't do due to lack of being in the correct arc, so I'll get those on my next run through. Either way, that makes for about 95% of chapter 5, so yay! Hopefully the next few chapters won't take nearly as long as this one did >.< I apologize for the long wait, frustration, etc. etc.

siegefried

Post by siegefried » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:04 am

Do at least consider it? :P

From what I read of the translation, he didn't really cover the skills. I am able to play through more or less with SS rankings just due to the M/F numbers though, so I wouldn't want to take up your valuable translating time. Great to hear of the update!

Renkosuke

Post by Renkosuke » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:25 pm

siegefried wrote: I am able to play through more or less with SS rankings just due to the M/F numbers though, so I wouldn't want to take up your valuable translating time.
lol translating time. I guess you weren't here for the past 4 months :P

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Yay, progress. I'm happy as long as its there. Thanks again everyone for their work.