Review each route

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Ghaleon

Review each route

Post by Ghaleon » Tue May 25, 2010 10:01 am

I'm almost done my third game (orpha route) and while I really enjoy some parts, there are some flaws. I figure it would be fun if we all discussed our opinions on each route. What was done well, what's missing, what seemed wrong? Etc.

Aeselia: everyones fave route it seems. The aeselia goes to Japan segment was awsome probably one of my best moments in the game. When she gets sick it gets pretty boring though, yuuto telling her he wants to try her cooking again was very touching though. The actual ending portion was pretty meh. I don't like how yuuto attempts to abandon aeselia not once, but twice, AFTER she already attempts to become an eternal. I mean I get the logic of wanting to keep violence away from her. But she is more a warrior than he, and she already forfeited her life to be with him, what a douchebag seriously.

Esperia: I like Esperia the most so it's hard to see what is good and what I simply like cuz it's esperia. I personally think the "romance" is the best with her... I mean it feels the most realistic and believable. Her extra mission is pretty uninspired, but the child esperia story is nice. When Gaea is questioning her and yuuto doesn't intervene yet, I think it was very out of character for esperia to not know how to answer. Her instinct and passion to protect is more than yuuto's. I don't see why she couldn't convey that on her own. Of all the characters in the game, she is the most naturally suited to be an eternal IMO, but whatever. Oh. Can someone PLEASE tell me WTF she means at the end when she says ryuru.

Orpha: I like orpha. She's like a kid who doesn't know squat, but she learns well. I found the parts where hatute dies to be great. I'm not done her path yet, on the final stage, but I like how yuuto isn't pedophile over her, but is genuinely willing to offer his life with her. I think that the relationship between pretend daughter to girlfriend was too quick and clumsy though. Orpha needs something like aeselia's japan visit to help change how player/yuuto sees her.

Feel free to make your own reviews please, or comment on mine.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Review each route

Post by Phlebas » Tue May 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Ghaleon wrote:Oh. Can someone PLEASE tell me WTF she means at the end when she says ryuru.
It means ~"I'm glad/happy", but they never explain it, you can surmise it easily enough from the St. Yoto portions if you're actually listening to the language tho (which I doubt many people are).
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 25, 2010 6:08 pm

ryuru...
Wasnt that a "thank you" ?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Just double-checked,

"[Hehe...... Is ryuru. Rast is ninou inasae?]" > 「ふふ……良かったです。今日のは何点ですか?」 ("Hehe...... I'm glad. What would you rate it today?")

"[......Ryuru.]" > 「……よかったぁ」 ("......I'm glad.")

Yokatta.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Tue May 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Thanks for the clarification, you guys are bad for not participating with the original subject though! =p I just saw the ending for orpha, wasn't too shabby, still meh overall though. The grave scene wasn't as touching as it could have been.

Orpha makes a pretty badass all-rounder though. The counter rate on her special block was obscene, and I used her to defeat 3 of the boss eternals in one round, and I didn't even level cap her yet (52). I think there should be more story about evil orpha, or her past though, boo.

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Fire magic are just overpowered...It is fixed abit in seina tho

Occisor

Post by Occisor » Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 am

Aselia: I really don't know what everyone saw in her. Has unfairly more text than the other routes, the special mission was good and I liked the unique scenes of this route, the early figths with Takios and the Matriarch surprised me in the good sense. I liked this route but it wasn't so great.

Uruka: I liked her. I liked the scenes and the extra mission made me hate Soma to new levels. I think that there was something about the trials in the laberint of time that I didn't like but I don't remember well this route ,I need to replay.

Kyouko: the second route I played, the new scenes of what happened to them made the experience better. I liked the route even if I don't like kyouko too much. The whole mission of resisting the enemy eternals was great but the thing of how kyouko remembers her feelings for him and chose to abandon Kouin for a man that she only saw a few times was one of the worst parts of the game to me.

Tokimi: I don't remember this route well, but because I don't like Tokimi, I didn't like this route. If you like her I suppose that you will find it good enough.

Lesteena: good. I liked it. Don't have much to comment. I liked the ending.

Esperia: The first route I played. Originaly I was going to go for Aselia but when I had to make the choices I was already in love with Esperia. The massive quantity of common scenes with Esperia in them in the firsts chapters of the game make her relationship with Yuuto, to me at least, the more realistic. I liked the story of her past but the extra mission was a bit laking of something... To me this is the best route of the game, and the only that I played twice. And thank you people for telling me wtf ryuru means.

Orpha: I liked it but I had problems with seeing them in more than a father and daugther relationship. I thank the lack of sex scenes, they would be... disturbing. I liked the story of hakute, the graveyard and the ending. But the song in St Yoto is relly bad sounding.

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Thu May 27, 2010 9:11 am

wtb moar reviews.

Occisor and I really seem to have similar tastes with this. Though I like Tokimi (haven't seen her route yet), I'm partial to women who wait over 1000 years for the love of their life, and genuinely support them when they get hitched with someone else instead. She was also the first just plain nice-acting person (kaori doesn't count since she's pretty much family) who showed up in the game, beat Esperia to the punch just barely.

Occisor

Post by Occisor » Thu May 27, 2010 10:44 am

I explained wrong. I like Tokimi as a character, I don't like her as the one you will end with. I simply can't see why yuuto would choose to spend his eternity with her.

I thought that we have similar tastes too, but we'll see if that is true when you read all of the routes.

It's good to see anothe Esperia fan.

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Thu May 27, 2010 1:58 pm

well, a girl waiting for you for 1000+years ... (and stayed pure for 1000+ years)
Its not that hard to imagine a guy to be moved or touched by that right =o= ?