Review each route

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
beato

Re: Review each route

Post by beato » Thu May 27, 2010 2:19 pm

That probably explains why I dont like Tokimi at all, I'm a girl and I thought that she was crazy waiting for such long time and also she only appears at the begining and at the end an Yuuto spends extremly little time with her (he spends around 2 years with the rest of them so its nothing weird with him falling in love with any of the others)

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm

iamin7ove wrote:well, a girl waiting for you for 1000+years ... (and stayed pure for 1000+ years)
Its not that hard to imagine a guy to be moved or touched by that right =o= ?
yeah, but it'd be kinda weird too. I mean yuuto doesn't spend much time with her at that point, and it's not much to go by in terms of spending eternity with them. If I was in his shoes I'd be really sympathetic towards her but I would still be committed to esperia.

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

well, in tokimi route he havent fallen for any yet ... so when he meets tokimi, it cant be helped that he gets attracted to her...isnt that right ?
Anyway,
the bottom line is that by the time he needs to be an eternal (and cut all ties with the world) that he HAVENT fallen for anyone else ...

Dont be too hard, guys...Outside the true route, all other routes are but made of many different what-if s(or possibilities) ....

Also, tokimi is a shrine maiden ...someone only grows up in tradition, ceremonies and stuffs (no real interacting with society...)...so pls dont try to apply norms on her.(by the time she interact with society, her personality is already set ...).
well, thats a psychological perspective

And it cant be helped that she fell for the first guy she really can see in a romantic kinda of way =o=

Occisor

Post by Occisor » Thu May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Dont be too hard, guys...Outside the true route, all other routes are but made of many different what-if s(or possibilities) ....
Fuck the canon, for me the true route is Esperia's route.
Also, tokimi is a shrine maiden ...someone only grows up in tradition, ceremonies and stuffs (no real interacting with society...)...so pls dont try to apply norms on her.(by the time she interact with society, her personality is already set ...).
well, thats a psychological perspective

And it cant be helped that she fell for the first guy she really can see in a romantic kinda of way =o=
You are right, it's no strange that she could love Yuuto.

What I can't see it's why Yuuto could chose to be with her.

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Thu May 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Occisor wrote: What I can't see it's why Yuuto could chose to be with her.
Like i said...
IF Yuuto havent fallen for any one else then the ritual (you know what) certainlly will easily sway his mind to Tokimi =o=
and also, if yuuto havent fallen for any one else then he will kinda left alone with only Tokimi after became eternal

Pls do not forget that time rushing him right on his tail =o= when the choice to become eternal or not come ...

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I know the tokimi route only happens if another girl's route isn't already decided (except ureka's), but I'm just saying it still seems very little to go by to fall for her like that. I'm not really criticizing the whole path because of that, I'm just confirming that it's just a bit weird for a guy, surrounded by pretty thoughtful girls, and living with/fighting with them for years, manages to NOT fall for any of them, and then suddenly fall for this girl that he's literally spent less than 24 hours with simply because she says "I've loved you for over 1000 years"! It's just weird and hard to really relate to.

But I will state that if you (theoretically) were not involved with any of the girls, and you ended up living for eternity, and Tokimi is the only other person (who isn't an evil bastard) like you, that it's a given that a relationship would grow. I haven't seen the route at all yet though, but I can say that anybody in Yuuto's shoes that doesn't feel involved with any of the other girls, but falls for Tokimi before he becomes an eternal would be kinda messed up >=p. Maybe if that person thought with their loins only and was most attracted to her physically I guess...

Anyway, not to bag on poor Tokimi, she IS a rather likeable person IMO.

Occisor

Post by Occisor » Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 pm

I agree with Ghaleon

I can see how after becoming an Eternal and the whole thing with Shun ends he could love her, in the future, but I can't see it happening in the game, there isn't enough interaction. It smells of first-sight baseless-love and I don't like it.
One of the things that i like a lot about the game is that, unlike a lot of visual novels, instead of being in a short timeframe the story is progressing during years, it gives time to make a solid and believable relationship.

iamin7ove

Post by iamin7ove » Fri May 28, 2010 5:17 am

like i said ... no matter how small the possibility is ...
Tokimi route is built ON the very small possiblity where yuuto havent fallen for anyone else...
Its a possibility guys =o= ... even if its 0.001 %, there will still be 1 in 10000 parallel worlds where yuuto havent fallen for anyone else ... (and well , thats where SHE comes in...) ( and pls dont say you cant believe this and cant believe that, no matter how smart a human is...its technically impossible to tell how another think...technically impossible - SOmeone who already played 'sharin no kuni' should be able to really understand what i mean)

And, Come on, guys ... =o= give me a break...
Its not like it really has to happen to be a route in a game... In routes, Wer but experiencing ALL POSSIBLE outcomes ...
(btw, dont forget the bad ending there ... )

Well, for someone like Tokimi (raised to be pure) then i guess love at first sight is not hard but for yuuto its not love at first sight guys =o=...Its more like hes touched that someone he doesnt know is giving up so much ... (again even though the possibility is small there might still be a chance where he feels like he cant leave her alone and enjoy his own happiness). Also, even if it at first might not be love that keep Yuuto with Tokimi, he decided that it is ... ok ?
and it eventually will have a chance to turn to love, anyway...they still have infinite amount of life and death situations to be in together ...

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Fri May 28, 2010 8:04 am

You don't get it, just because it's possible doesn't mean it's not weird, we just think it's weird >=P. Every path (that I've played so far at least) has a sense where if you let yourself be immersed in the story and the path, you can feel like it's believeable, touching, and possibly even romantic. With Tokimi, it's like you're manipulating a game (it is a game after all but whatever) in a specific way so that you get her route. The story of the route doesn't matter, it might be good, it might not be. But the way you get it just doesn't feel natural, and story-wise, it's also not very natural. You can spew percentages all you like, it doesn't matter. there's a 0.lots of 0's. 1% chance that Yuuto is gay for the king, who knows, Even if you're into gay romance, chances are that story would simply make you think "wtf?" because it just wouldn't make much sense. Of course that's a more extreme example, but hopefully you get my point.

Occisor

Post by Occisor » Fri May 28, 2010 10:32 am

Like I said in the review, if like her you will like the route, it's only a matter of personal opinion. I don't like her as romance so I don't like the route.
Because there is a percentage that it can happen I won't like it any more.

And if you are talking about your boss in Sharing no Kuni I understand you.

Hey, Ghaleon. If you finished Orpha's whose route are you donig now?