Change Save File Location

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
spellpower

Change Save File Location

Post by spellpower » Fri May 07, 2010 1:10 am

Does anyone by any chance know how to change the game exe to load save files from the main directory instead of somewhere within the applications data folder? I ask for this because so far it is seemingly impossible to just drag and drop the game folder in program files into a portable harddrive and bring it to work and play during my free/boredom time (Yes, my job is pretty lenient and has nothing for me to do but check random excel files.). Unfortunetely, it is also impossible to install games at work.

Xenoe

Re: Change Save File Location

Post by Xenoe » Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 am

Run as admin, the original save location is in the game folder.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Fri May 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Xenoe wrote:Run as admin, the original save location is in the game folder.
Sounds like that won't work for him since he's saying he's at work and if he can't install that means he can't BE an admin.

spellpower

Post by spellpower » Sat May 08, 2010 5:02 am

YamiLeto wrote: Sounds like that won't work for him since he's saying he's at work and if he can't install that means he can't BE an admin.
That is correct, which is why i was wondering if it's possible for someone to hack the game exe file to direct save file location to a random folder in the main game directory.

Tarathiel

Post by Tarathiel » Tue May 11, 2010 11:08 pm

The save file is supposed to be in the main folder. I assume you're running Vista/Win7? Those have a feature called User Account Control that won't let programs write to the folder they're running from, it redirects those files to Application Data. If you can't disable that (requires admin of course), there's probably nothing you can do.