Would YOU become an Eternal?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.

Knowing what it entails, would YOU become an Eternal?

Yes
20
74%
No
3
11%
It depends (explain)
4
15%
 
Total votes: 27

Mane
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by Mane » Tue May 04, 2010 12:15 am

The thought just occurred to me that Euphora's gestation period (Aselia's pregnancy) could be decades or at least years rather than the tradition 9 months for a human. Maybe female eternals just miscarry a lot...what with all the fighting they do.

YamiLeto
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by YamiLeto » Tue May 04, 2010 12:22 am

Mane wrote:The thought just occurred to me that Euphora's gestation period (Aselia's pregnancy) could be decades or at least years rather than the tradition 9 months for a human. Maybe female eternals just miscarry a lot...what with all the fighting they do.
That actually makes a lot of sense normally however I'd like to point out how little actual fighting goes on. In near every ending there are talks about how the fighting isn't that intense and continuous. If anything the only reason you could say there is even any fighting is due to the fact that they have a different sense of time. Thus 1 battle every 100 years might be the same as a battle every week for a normal person.

iamin7ove
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 04, 2010 12:24 am

its not 1 battle every 100 years...its more like 1 BIG WAR every 100years and several small battles
Eternal maybe Eternal but their sense of time from when they were humans probbably stayed

Mane
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by Mane » Tue May 04, 2010 12:33 am

YamiLeto wrote:That actually makes a lot of sense normally however I'd like to point out how little actual fighting goes on. In near every ending there are talks about how the fighting isn't that intense and continuous. If anything the only reason you could say there is even any fighting is due to the fact that they have a different sense of time. Thus 1 battle every 100 years might be the same as a battle every week for a normal person.
Oh well...there goes that theory. I still stand by my guess on mana being the factor that limits eternal babies...that one came out a bit awkward. Otherwise, nothing stops the like of Temourin from just making lots of eternal (rather than spirit) foot soldiers and intensifying the "war." The game says that even Tokimi can manufacture spirit minions. Time means nothing to an eternal, after all.

Edit: Okay, maybe not Temourin herself...given her...erm...biological age? But there must be other (adult) female law eternals.
Last edited by Mane on Tue May 04, 2010 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

iamin7ove
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 04, 2010 12:41 am

It does at first , though

Mane
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by Mane » Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 am

They go to a world where time moves much faster than other worlds.

iamin7ove
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 am

Mah, i still believe that the lack of child also lies in the lack of male , btw :\...
Somehow i think the concept of pureness is at question here

And ofc , the fact that the child born will too, have to fight also

Put it in Tokimi words would be something like born only to fight for eternity ...

YamiLeto
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by YamiLeto » Tue May 04, 2010 5:03 am

I highly doubt that Tokimi was telling the truth about the requirements to be an eternal honestly.....after all if that was the case the wouldn't there be 0 eternals or at most 2? After all if it required giving virginity away and before Euphoria was born no eternal babies were born....then how did there become so many eternals? I doubt they all just happened to be spirits that then changed to eternals. Besides if you think of it then how the heck did Tokimi become an eternal AND have her virginity to give to Yuuto? Let's face it that at this point in actuality the only real requirement to become eternal is to find a high rank sword and contract with it.

Furthermore comes to the whole deal on eternal babies.....I've got a bit of a theory and it's a bit more plausible. Most of the current eternals are probably humans (or other sentient races who knows) that were born in a world and then removed from time by contracting. So the question is how if their time is frozen so to say then how would they be able to have kids anyways. It's one thing for a guy you could imagine but for girls to be pregnant would be the same as time moving. So for most I could only assume that they can't get pregnant cause they are frozen in this way (makes me wonder if time suddenly started to affect them again xD). However I suspect that Aselia's being a spirit has something to do with why she could have a child. Namely as stated spirits and Etrangers are more like info that use mana to manifest themselves. So this means when a spirit becomes an eternal nothing too much is different so perhaps they can allow themselves to be affected by time (since their former forms that are very similar were affected by time). Thus if some time can pass for the former spirit then a baby can be born. As a side for why this can't happen for humans it's likely due to the nature of the body being different than the matter they were once made of.

Tl;dr Spirits being of similar form to eternals could allow themselves to be affected by time unlike humans thus end up pregnant.

iamin7ove
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 am

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by iamin7ove » Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 am

YamiLeto wrote:I highly doubt that Tokimi was telling the truth about the requirements to be an eternal honestly.....after all if that was the case the wouldn't there be 0 eternals or at most 2? After all if it required giving virginity away and before Euphoria was born no eternal babies were born....then how did there become so many eternals? I doubt they all just happened to be spirits that then changed to eternals. Besides if you think of it then how the heck did Tokimi become an eternal AND have her virginity to give to Yuuto? Let's face it that at this point in actuality the only real requirement to become eternal is to find a high rank sword and contract with it.
I don't really think thats the case though. And, consider Tokimi, if thats the case, she should have at least told Yuuto about that at the end of her route or something like that...Also, doing the ritual, wasnt it just to be able to enter the resting place of the sword ? (read aselia's route again or smth - )
-> Like i said before...maybe it has something to do with the pureness and stuffs like that. Shrine maidens like tokimi probbably had that requirements and did something like scared purification ritual of her association (Kurahashi association) to be able to enter the place. Manas are actually quite strict about pureness and things like that ... Manas dont accept just everyone =o=...(in lots of games, only 'pure' girls plus underwent sacred rituals are allowed in sacred places ) (There is also the fact that Kyouko couldnt enter the place and could only touch the door. They must have made it so to avoid contradiction about the requirements to get into the place like this...Mah i dont doute her "pureness" but i doutb Mana easily accept her. Her soul is actually not that pure =o=.)
Law eternals are of different cases, though...(man, bad guys are always convenient)
YamiLeto wrote: Furthermore comes to the whole deal on eternal babies.....I've got a bit of a theory and it's a bit more plausible. Most of the current eternals are probably humans (or other sentient races who knows) that were born in a world and then removed from time by contracting. So the question is how if their time is frozen so to say then how would they be able to have kids anyways. It's one thing for a guy you could imagine but for girls to be pregnant would be the same as time moving. So for most I could only assume that they can't get pregnant cause they are frozen in this way (makes me wonder if time suddenly started to affect them again xD). However I suspect that Aselia's being a spirit has something to do with why she could have a child. Namely as stated spirits and Etrangers are more like info that use mana to manifest themselves. So this means when a spirit becomes an eternal nothing too much is different so perhaps they can allow themselves to be affected by time (since their former forms that are very similar were affected by time). Thus if some time can pass for the former spirit then a baby can be born. As a side for why this can't happen for humans it's likely due to the nature of the body being different than the matter they were once made of.

Tl;dr Spirits being of similar form to eternals could allow themselves to be affected by time unlike humans thus end up pregnant.
Man, dont u think ur taking the concept of "time being frozen" too scientifically ? This is not a story about humans becoming immortal on their own or something like that, u know =o= ... THIS IS A FAIRY TALE ...
"TIme being frozen" is but a convenient way to put it to omit the long explanation =o= ...

Ixy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by Ixy » Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 am

I think it's great to be an eternal. I mean, you can travel between worlds at whim ! Eventhough you spent your time forever, and perhaps you will find enemies that will hunt you forever...I thin it's fun because you can see so many differet things eternally.
I must say, living forever as an eternal is actually pretty entertaining idea.

Post Reply