Would YOU become an Eternal?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.

Knowing what it entails, would YOU become an Eternal?

Yes
74%
No
11%
It depends (explain)
15%

Total votes: 27

TenguSan

Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by TenguSan » Sun May 02, 2010 2:13 pm

This has been something I have been asking myself. If you had the choice to become an Eternal and protect all those who you love, knowing what it entails, would you?

Personally.. if i were SURE i can do something to protect others, i would choose to be one. As lonely and harsh as it will be, if i can somehow stop entire worlds from being destroyed by such evil, i would gladly sacrifice everything to do so.

Although i am strange like that, lol.
YOU FOUND A SECRET AREA!

Hatsuki

Re: Would YOU become an Eternal?

Post by Hatsuki » Sun May 02, 2010 2:40 pm

My answer is YES, I would become an Eternal if that gives me the power to protect the ones who I care about... I motto is "even for one person, this world is worth to be saved", so even for one person, I would become an Eternal just to save him/her...

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Well I would certainly like to be an eternal but not necessarily just for the saving people part. I'd more do it for the asskicking people part though I do also like the idea of visiting many different worlds and seeing different cultures.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sun May 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Sure, why not? Knowledge and friends await.

Mane

Post by Mane » Sun May 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Depends on the side you end up on. Wouldn't want to be a Law Eternal, that's for sure. Even as a Chaos Eternal, living too long might be a problem in itself. Eventually, you'd get so disillusioned/bored with the world(s) or humans in general that you might want to end it altogether. Really depends on whether the other Eternals are interesting/weird/fun enough to hang around with...

Hatsuki

Post by Hatsuki » Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 pm

If my companion is either Tokimi or Aselia, then I would never be bored!!!
... too bad there isn't a Io's route (like a secret route after finishing all the route)
I would really like to see a route with Io, and she becoming an eternal... that would be funny... neverending scolding!

Alcion

Post by Alcion » Sun May 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Eternity is a very, very long time. I doubt I would remain sane and not turn into a Law Eternal over time. So I answered no.

TenguSan

Post by TenguSan » Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 am

Volandum wrote:Sure, why not? Knowledge and friends await.
knowledge yes, friends no. It is mentioned that when you leave the world you are in, you are forgotten (this is mentioned near the end of Esperia's route concerning phantasmagoria)

Besides your fellow Eternals, you will have no one.. even after becoming an Eternal in the first place. I honestly can't blame anyone who says 'no'. You are literally giving up EVERYTHING in your life. I can acknowledge that my willingness to give up everything is very abnormal. I even respect those who say 'no' for their honesty and insight.
YOU FOUND A SECRET AREA!

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Mon May 03, 2010 1:56 am

Well yes, but there are presumably a lot of other eternals (in fact more than there are people in your world) - they come into existence over time, and there's eternity for that to happen.

Also, otherwise life is transient, so eh.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 am

Volandum wrote:Well yes, but there are presumably a lot of other eternals (in fact more than there are people in your world) - they come into existence over time, and there's eternity for that to happen.

Also, otherwise life is transient, so eh.
You could use that for why life even has meaning though. I myself though like the idea of living for eternity recording the stories of the rise and fall of kingdoms. I'm a philosopher myself and I gotta admit there are things that if an answer exists would take eternity to find it. Thus why I'd accept even if it meant leaving everything behind.