Final comments on the game (after finishing all routes)

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
YamiLeto

Final comments on the game (after finishing all routes)

Post by YamiLeto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:53 am

Just finished the last route and a little curious what everyone who has finished the game thinks of it. I personally loved the game with an emphasis on Aselia's route and hated Lesteena's route. The final scene was certainly hillarious and I halfway wish there was a harem route that would have a similar ending but guess I just gotta make do. It certainly is sad though being done with such an awesome game. No more surprises in a separate playthrough only the hope that the other related games will be translated as well (or finally getting around to properly learning the japanese language.

galvenize

Re: Final comments on the game (after finishing all routes)

Post by galvenize » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 am

May i ask what happened during Leestena's ending? I kinda gave up half way through because of some issues i have with my computer so i don't mind if i get spoiled at this point.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:11 pm

galvenize wrote:May i ask what happened during Leestena's ending? I kinda gave up half way through because of some issues i have with my computer so i don't mind if i get spoiled at this point.
Since you say you don't mind...Yuuto falls in love with Lemuria. After a spirit attack on the town Lemuria reveals to the crowd that she's really princess Lesteena to calm them down (who didn't know who she really was at that point anyways?). Things progress as normal for the most part. Lesteena goes through an emotional breakdown and runs away from the castle. Yuuto finds her in town and convinces her to return to her job as queen. However Lesteena at this point breaks things off with Yuuto despite their feelings knowning they could never be together anyways. Yuuto later becomes an eternal like normal and Lesteena forgets him. Nothing else different happens until the epilogue. Yuuto after everything is over leaves Phantasmagoria before the barrier is erected but returns to Rakios right away. He decided to give love a shot and see if Lesteena would fall for him yet again. Yuuto gets chewed out by Wisdom for this decision but after being stuck due to Youtia's device it doesn't matter anyways. He finally meets Lesteena pretending to be Lemuria again. Route ends in vague mystery of what happens. However you can easily guess that things probably didn't much happen. At best he might have been her secret lover or something. Not to mention their different lifespans at this point.

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:17 pm

YamiLeto wrote:
galvenize wrote:May i ask what happened during Leestena's ending? I kinda gave up half way through because of some issues i have with my computer so i don't mind if i get spoiled at this point.
Since you say you don't mind...Yuuto falls in love with Lemuria. After a spirit attack on the town Lemuria reveals to the crowd that she's really princess Lesteena to calm them down (who didn't know who she really was at that point anyways?). Things progress as normal for the most part. Lesteena goes through an emotional breakdown and runs away from the castle. Yuuto finds her in town and convinces her to return to her job as queen. However Lesteena at this point breaks things off with Yuuto despite their feelings knowning they could never be together anyways. Yuuto later becomes an eternal like normal and Lesteena forgets him. Nothing else different happens until the epilogue. Yuuto after everything is over leaves Phantasmagoria before the barrier is erected but returns to Rakios right away. He decided to give love a shot and see if Lesteena would fall for him yet again. Yuuto gets chewed out by Wisdom for this decision but after being stuck due to Youtia's device it doesn't matter anyways. He finally meets Lesteena pretending to be Lemuria again. Route ends in vague mystery of what happens. However you can easily guess that things probably didn't much happen. At best he might have been her secret lover or something. Not to mention their different lifespans at this point.
could have been worse.

galvenize

Post by galvenize » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Mmh i guess it was kinda of a sad ending huh :( ...

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Yeah certainly things could have been worse than being the one banged the queen in a town inn. Got no arguments there but I just know if I was seriously into someone it'd suck hard to watch them grow old and die in front of me. And that's not including the fact that nobody could learn of this relationship as well.

dante_vergil

Post by dante_vergil » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:25 pm

I just finish the game a while ago. Finally, after many fast-forwarding scenes and battle scenes... I thought I was going insane after playing non-stop. The story was great. Not exactly epic but good enough to fill a person with boring-ness. Lesteena route is definitely the shortest route in the game. Good thing I read through her route first so I can enjoy others as well since they are DEFINITELY longer. The Eternal skills are burdens if you can't use unless the character become Eternal at chapter 5. And that is annoying. Not to mention all plot holes in the game. So many things are not explain in details.

Then, I was surfing the net and watching youtube searching for Aselia-related videos. Eventually, I discovered this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSB51p0Njs

To be honest, I never seen this scene. How did Aselia and Uruka become Eternals at the same time?
Why is the song 'Hallelujah' playing during battle?
I remember the song was included in the game because I extracted the BGM. Now, tell me. If the song was in the game, how come it never used the song, not even once? The song 'Eien no Aselia' was used, although the only time it played was final battle. And I'm sure Hallelujah was played the whole time judging from the video.

I'm fully aware that the video shows gameplay for Eien no Aselia Expansion. Is the all-age version of the game doesn't contain this?
Is that game hacked? I hope someone can answer my questions.

Other than the complaints above, it was easy and fun game. I definitely recommend this game rather than playing Sengoku Rance. That game was freaking hard. The bonus ending was EPIC. Shame that the 'harem' ending wasn't canon.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Gotta say I didn't notice anything in that video showing that Uruka was eternal...however it's a bit weird in a different way. Aselia definately used her eternal skills at what looks like the fight with a whitespirit in chapter 3 near the end. She was in a party of 3 but looked like she used both her support and attack.....the heck? Someone hack it so that there are two eternal aselia's in the party somehow? All I know about hallelujah is that it's supposed to be the opening for the ps2 game so I have no idea about that one. And yes this game is very much easier compared to the nightmare that is Sengoku Rance. I don't wanna know how many times I was cussing during that game. Harem ending....seemed more like a nightmare to me. Well if I was Yuuto at least seeing as how he was chased by every freakin heroine who was thinking he had cheated on them xD.

Chops

Post by Chops » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 am

I might be a little late on commenting on this video but the title says exhibition skills so it's shows phases from different fights.
You can see that through the names on the upper bar as they change (Attacker for possession was Urka while it's Aselia for Eternity Remover, also the enemy names change).
As for the rest, I'm not too sure since it's been too long since I finished the 18+ version...

kingil

Post by kingil » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:34 am

well, my doubt is:
In guide says that "After seeing all seven of the good endings, you‟ll also get an additional bonus ending scene", right?...so
1) After finish 7 routes, do i need to play again in order to get this "Bonus Ending"?
or
2) With 7th route, the Bonus Ending is included?
:?

i'm actually on 4th Route (Lesteena -___-) so...well you know what i mean xD