Kyouko Trouble

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Seipher

Re: Kyouko Trouble

Post by Seipher » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:20 pm

So the only difference in the 2 routes is the mind requirement being under 69 or above 69?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Yep. And that part's been tested pretty thoroughly ^^ I've done the Kyouko/Tokimi split both ways several times. If it's some bug you could try to pass it with lower mind, 80ish orso - or even below 70 and see what happens.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Seipher

Post by Seipher » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:28 pm

No matter what i do, it always goes to tokimi, ive tried from 60-100 and it still goes tokimi =/

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Just checking but you did beat Kyouko's squad in mission 14 right? Not doing it should've got you a bad end instead of Tokimi but that's the only thing that even marginally comes to mind. Otherwise I'll just have to assume it's an obscure bug.

Seipher

Post by Seipher » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Yeah i zerged forth and beat it in like 8 rounds i think? and i made the top choice about noticing it too

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Phlebas wrote:I must admit that that is most bizarre :D, given that that's the *only* trigger between the 2 routes - and if there was something else I'd imagine it to be the other way around and you'd have to clear Kyouko route first.
I'm begining to wonder if love might play a bit of a role here like in other routes. After all most routes have a mind and love requirements. Have you been using Kyouko in the same squad as Yuuto? I'm just wondering if most that played Kyouko's route managed to just easily get enough love points by chance while you didn't. Anyone wanna test this out? And yes I'm curious about this one since the guide mentions Kyouko getting love points yet somehow it doesn't play a factor between Kyouko and Tokimi paths?

galvenize

Post by galvenize » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

If love points were involved, that wouldn't make sense because you don't get to play Tokimi before chapter V. But considering it a possibility i can't answer your questions because in my playthrough, i believe i always teamed kyouko and yuu up.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

It's probably a guide for original game, where there wasn't a Kyouko route but you needed to build points with her in prologue to be able to save her.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 pm

galvenize wrote:If love points were involved, that wouldn't make sense because you don't get to play Tokimi before chapter V. But considering it a possibility i can't answer your questions because in my playthrough, i believe i always teamed kyouko and yuu up.
Well it's not a matter of getting love points for tokimi but just for kyouko. It's possibly the same as Uruka's path were you just gotta avoid conditions for triggering the other heroines which if that's the case it is likely that a trigger such as love points for kyouko could be involved. After all second branching point is at the end of chapter 4 and you get kyouko at the begining of that chapter. A single chapter would be enough to gib a few squads to mush getting her love points up enough to make a difference.

teiglin

Post by teiglin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Ugh, if Kyouko route actually has a love requirement I could have used to get Tokimi route that would have been nice to know. I spent like three missions with Kyouko killing basically every enemy with -mind skills, and of course that got her Ace so she got mind bonuses there. I even sat around for a while just waiting to lose rank to avoid that mind bonus too. Oh well. :P