Messed up power ratings for skills

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
AQZT

Messed up power ratings for skills

Post by AQZT » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 am

So, I wasn't really sure whether these were mistakes, but I found them a little odd and I noticed them a while back in my first Hard mode playthrough:
Kouin's skill "Whirlwind VI" is listed as having 770 power
Orpha's "Orpha Kick: Final" skill has a listed power of 50.
Why do I find these odd? Well:
Kouin's previous attack skill before "Whirlwind VI", "Whirlwind V" has a listed power of 2300, and has 3 total uses, compared to "Whirlwind VI" having only 770 power and 2 total uses.
Orpha's previous attack skill before "Orpha Kick: Final", "Fire Enchant: Two" has a listed power of 520, and considering that Orpha's successive attack skills usually improve over the previous attack skill by around 30 points, it seemed really weird that Orpha Kick: Final had a paltry power of only 50.
Could you tell me what's going on? Are these typos, or did the game mean to do this?

Volandum

Re: Messed up power ratings for skills

Post by Volandum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:05 am

They're generally pretty rubbish. Halion learns around level 80 a 100-power attack. It inflicts massive stat penalties though, so I decided to pick it up. Some of Orpha's non-elemental attacks inflict -Actions, which can be useful against allrounders.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 am

Oh, thanks for the prompt answer! :D
Guess that makes sense now...

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:07 pm

A weird thing I just noticed - Selia's Heaven's Sword IV is Red-elemental.

SnowDream

Post by SnowDream » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 pm

One of Uruk?'s blocks is 220 while the lower version is 260 or 300.

teiglin

Post by teiglin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:27 pm

I think her first level of Treason Block is lower defense than the previous rank of Counter Attack. My assumption (untested) was that Treason Block had higher recoil or something.

Speaking of which, it's pretty annoying that spirits can't kill themselves on your block recoil. Having to waste a charge of a good attack on a 1hp spirit can be frustrating.

myrtas

Post by myrtas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 pm

teiglin wrote:Speaking of which, it's pretty annoying that spirits can't kill themselves on your block recoil. Having to waste a charge of a good attack on a 1hp spirit can be frustrating.
True, but it also works the other way around. When my all rounder tokimi fought the alien/floating ball eternal, she defeated him but ended up with only 1 HP .. if that wasnt the case she would have died !

I love how OP tokimi is in the 1st playthorugh is .. she has the highest lvl = 35 and she can take on "3/4 eternals by herself (didnt test her on the 4th, which was Takios)"
She can also solely take on all the dragons except for the strongest 3

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

If you use hitalls then 1hp foes and people using sacrifice aren't so troublesome.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

myrtas wrote:
teiglin wrote:Speaking of which, it's pretty annoying that spirits can't kill themselves on your block recoil. Having to waste a charge of a good attack on a 1hp spirit can be frustrating.
True, but it also works the other way around. When my all rounder tokimi fought the alien/floating ball eternal, she defeated him but ended up with only 1 HP .. if that wasnt the case she would have died !

I love how OP tokimi is in the 1st playthorugh is .. she has the highest lvl = 35 and she can take on "3/4 eternals by herself (didnt test her on the 4th, which was Takios)"
She can also solely take on all the dragons except for the strongest 3
My Yuuto could do the same on Normal. On hard, he was also capable of solo all-rounding Takios and Temuorin, and when he fought Takios, he was able to defeat him without taking a single point of damage. Pretty awesome.

Mane

Post by Mane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm

I soloed Shun with Yuuto in normal since he was the only one that could eat Shun's Aura Photon Ray 2x without dying. Speaking of which: why did they make Yuuto's Aura Photon Nova inferior to Shun's Aura Photon Ray? Shun's goes off during Start Support and Yuuto's during Divine Magic phase. The Timing difference is really annoying for getting past Silent Field II and Aura Photon Ray...