Quick question on Tokimi's route...(huge spoilers)

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
ABC123

Re: Quick question on Tokimi's route...(huge spoilers)

Post by ABC123 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:32 am

Oh, now I get what you're saying.
"Establish Speculations into facts?". Wrong. I was merely trying to give basis for my statement that "It is heavily implied that touching the door to the labyrinth is what erases an Eternal from history". Remember? That's what started this branch of our discussion in the first place.
Giving basis to your speculation is in fact same as trying to establish speculations into facts.
1) I'm asking why that matters. Yes, that's one possible explanation, but my explanation could be viewed as just as valid. Now you're the one trying a bit too hard to turn speculations into facts ;).
It would be out of place to think / talk about Takios and Temuorin in the first place. Would you think about how to beat Super Mario while your playing Street Fighter ?

People have something called Emotions and Priority.

Your basis for that Yuuto might have forgotten about Takios and Temuorin was that he didn't mention. By following your logic Yuuto might as well as forgotten about Tokimi.

I'm the one trying to turn speculations into facts ? Where are my speculations ? Answer : They never existed. Its called counterargument.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:53 am

ABC123 wrote:[img]
Oh, now I get what you're saying.
"Establish Speculations into facts?". Wrong. I was merely trying to give basis for my statement that "It is heavily implied that touching the door to the labyrinth is what erases an Eternal from history". Remember? That's what started this branch of our discussion in the first place.
Giving basis to your speculation is in fact same as trying to establish speculations into facts.[/img]
No it's not... I said that it is implied that something happened, then I gave a place in the story where it was implied. First of all, how does that involve "trying too hard to turn speculation into facts", focusing on the "trying too hard" part?
1) I'm asking why that matters. Yes, that's one possible explanation, but my explanation could be viewed as just as valid. Now you're the one trying a bit too hard to turn speculations into facts ;).
It would be out of place to think / talk about Takios and Temuorin in the first place. Would you think about how to beat Super Mario while your playing Street Fighter ?

People have something called Emotions and Priority.

Your basis for that Yuuto might have forgotten about Takios and Temuorin was that he didn't mention. By following your logic Yuuto might as well as forgotten about Tokimi.

I'm the one trying to turn speculations into facts ? Where are my speculations ? Answer : They never existed.
ABC123 said:
Yuuto doesn't mention Tem or Tak again in the story because of his psychology, and even though this is merely my own speculation as to why Yuuto does not mention them, and there is no specific event and/or line in the story which DEFINITIVELY gives proof that this is the reason why he doesn't mention them, I'm going to call it a fact anyways!
Point in case being that as soon as you started discussing Yuuto's psychology, everything that you said was your own speculation.
Oh, and the fact that my explanation actually adheres to the in-universe rules by default makes it more valid than your views that we should f*ck the in-game universe rules.
Secondly, by MY logic, Yuuto never had a reason to forget Tokimi in the first place, so that has absolutely no bearing here (Read my first post in this thread, then you'll understand), but he DID have a reason to forget Tem and Tak. Thus, I conclude that he forgot Tem and Tak, but didn't forget Tokimi.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:08 pm

And now that I am completely sick of this conversation, and seriously SERIOUSLY don't care aboutthe fact that you cannot justify the game's logic to yourself, I am ending my involvement in this thread, so don't bother responding to me.
I bid you adieu.

Chrystocat

Post by Chrystocat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:12 pm

Euh guys... chill out

like someone said before, it's possible that the sword is the one causing the memory seal. On Orpha route, Yuuto easily remember her after Wisdom thinker with his mind a bit. So it's possible that the memory seal is actually intended, cuz WakaWisdom says something like "hell, you're an eternal now, so no need to seal your memory"

ABC123

Post by ABC123 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Aren't you a hypocrite ? You wanted as civil as possible ? All I'm doing is stating facts and my opinion on the matter. You should really learn to control your emotions. :roll:
AQZT wrote:No it's not... I said that it is implied that something happened, then I gave a place in the story where it was implied. First of all, how does that involve "trying too hard to turn speculation into facts", focusing on the "trying too hard" part?
Do you even realize what your saying?
AQZT wrote:ABC123 said:
Yuuto doesn't mention Tem or Tak again in the story because of his psychology, and even though this is merely my own speculation as to why Yuuto does not mention them, and there is no specific event and/or line in the story which DEFINITIVELY gives proof that this is the reason why he doesn't mention them, I'm going to call it a fact anyways!
Point in case being that as soon as you started discussing Yuuto's psychology, everything that you said was your own speculation.
Oh, and the fact that my explanation actually adheres to the in-universe rules by default makes it more valid than your views that we should f*ck the in-game universe rules.
Secondly, by MY logic, Yuuto never had a reason to forget Tokimi in the first place, so that has absolutely no bearing here (Read my first post in this thread, then you'll understand), but he DID have a reason to forget Tem and Tak. Thus, I conclude that he forgot Tem and Tak, but didn't forget Tokimi.
Your logic is as laughable as ever. Your argument is weak and your basis is ridiculous and did you even think about what I meant when I said "the game loves to contradict itself" "Since 99% of the things are not properly explained nothing is consistent." your so called rules does not even exist in the first place they are merely your speculations.
And now that I am completely sick of this conversation, and seriously SERIOUSLY don't care aboutthe fact that you cannot justify the game's logic to yourself, I am ending my involvement in this thread, so don't bother responding to me.
I bid you adieu.
Are you running away already? Well it was expected anyway...

It was fun while it lasted.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Locking the thread because of the current level of discussion. It was pretty impossible to tell if there was any intelligent story debate going on any more, so if you want to keep it going make a new thread summarizing your theories, and chill.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!