About Seinarukana [spoilers on both games ]

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
YamiLeto

Re: About Seinarukana [spoilers maybe ]

Post by YamiLeto » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 am

Hmm almost forgot her sword's name. However I clearly remember her title in eien as being ephemeral which is short lived.....was this a mistake or something else going on?

serous

Post by serous » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 am

The skill descriptions give away info, especially the ones on Super Hard.

Unconfirmed stuff ahead:
Anyway, if I remember correctly her final 神名(divine name in chinese) is 秩序の調停者(mediator of law). There was also something special about her sword.

There's other stuff, but I cant find the post with all that info. This might also be somewhat inaccurate as it is secondhand info.

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm

YamiLeto wrote:Hmm almost forgot her sword's name. However I clearly remember her title in eien as being ephemeral which is short lived.....was this a mistake or something else going on?
Either it's a) a mess up by the game writer or b) has something to do with her Law eternal transformation, OR you're just remembering wrong (I never remember her being called Ephemeral).

Megaolix

Re: About Seinarukana [spoilers on both games ]

Post by Megaolix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Err... AQZT? Mind explaining what the hell happened for the part in white?

AQZT

Post by AQZT » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:46 pm

I just reread the whited out stuff in my last post and... God that came out wrong.
Sorry I meant that whole thing about her siding with the Law Eternals ("Law Eternal transformation" makes it seem as if they brainwashed her or something...)
As for what actually happened... I can't quite remember actually... I remember it happening in certain routes of Seinarukana, but I can't remember why she did it...

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, glad to see that cleared up. And if it happens only in certain routes... Well, I suppose that depends on what actually is going on in those. Pretty sure she only did it to help however (I've read a bit the translation on that blog). Spoilers: Pretty sure losing her memory didn't help either. And from that translation (Narukana's route I think. That was the first translated, right?), Tokimi was taking her back to her parents at the end. And Euphoria's memory came back.

Edit: Wait, I've read the epilogue, it's there that we learn it. What the hell, Euphoria? Guess we'll have no explanation until the next game, because it can't be as simple as that.

myrtas

Post by myrtas » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Ok, just read the epilogue .. and yah. Anyway, hidden agendas man.

From what i understand Amnesia is involved, but there is another twist to it:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Seinarukana -from another thread-

Specifically:
Laser Guided Amnesia - Euphoria (although there are hints that she may be faking it).
So, switched sides due to amensia, but it might just be a ploy. Your guess is as good as mine.

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:36 pm

myrtas wrote:Ok, just read the epilogue .. and yah. Anyway, hidden agendas man.

From what i understand Amnesia is involved, but there is another twist to it:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Seinarukana -from another thread-

Specifically:
Laser Guided Amnesia - Euphoria (although there are hints that she may be faking it).
So, switched sides due to amensia, but it might just be a ploy. Your guess is as good as mine.
Sorry, but no.Her memory was stated to be back at the end of the game. The only way we'll know the how, why and when it happened will be next game.

Pretty sure she has a very big reason for that decision, unless brainwashing is involved.

anemone

Post by anemone » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:41 pm

The only way we'll know the how, why and when it happened will be next game.
I don't really know about that though, I heard the writer of EnA has left XUSE.

Megaolix

Post by Megaolix » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:01 pm

anemone wrote:
The only way we'll know the how, why and when it happened will be next game.
I don't really know about that though, I heard the writer of EnA has left XUSE.
...What?

Does that mean the series will be left unfinished with that cliffhanger? I mean, I can totally imagine various reason for what Euphoria did, but I would rather see it in a third game.