Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
spardatheone

Re: Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Post by spardatheone » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:04 am

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 pm

spardatheone wrote:thanks :D :D
You probably want to lose it in favor a of a new skill anyway though. Yuuto is a special case where may of his "ordinary" skills get powered up when he becomes an eternal, Often getting more actions or increased power or whatever, where the end result is more damage than combined will does. I think explosion is his only attack that doesn't get powered up when he hits eternal.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 am

I recall Explode goes from 1800/2/6 to 2000/3/8, but I could be wrong.

sporked

Post by sporked » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 am

Question: how the bloody hell do you get Orpha's mind score low enough for her starfire and apoc II to be of any actual use? I can't seem to get hers below 90 what with heroine mind bonus and such? I never put her in a town cap team, never put her on defence etc yet every time I look her mind has bounced back up to 100 from whatever score it just was after all the -1's from defending towns with apoc etc.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:37 am

SS ranking mission will give Yuuto and all main heroines +10 mind at the end.
Being MVP add an additional 10 mind on top of it.
Some storyline choices affect her mind a lot too.

Basically, you'd have to kill stuff using her without:
1. capturing cities
2. having highest kill count at the end of mission (MVP bonus)

Best way to lower her mind is the last mission of any route. No SS bonus, no MVP bonus, so you can just kill everything using Orpha :roll:. It'll keep her mind nice and LOW in a new cycle.

Oh, and btw. later on Esperia can NOT gain mind, at all.

sporked

Post by sporked » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 pm

lunarium wrote:SS ranking mission will give Yuuto and all main heroines +10 mind at the end.
Being MVP add an additional 10 mind on top of it.
Some storyline choices affect her mind a lot too.

Basically, you'd have to kill stuff using her without:
1. capturing cities
2. having highest kill count at the end of mission (MVP bonus)

Best way to lower her mind is the last mission of any route. No SS bonus, no MVP bonus, so you can just kill everything using Orpha :roll:. It'll keep her mind nice and LOW in a new cycle.

Oh, and btw. later on Esperia can NOT gain mind, at all.
Aye that's why I kept Cure for the +1's now and again, that said I generally keep her in the defender slot anyways and use Aselia to keep those nasty magic sneezes away from her.

The SS bonus is whats killing my Orpha usage (well anything other than Fireball II which isn't all that bad I guess), for anything other than the first playthrough of a difficulty level its next to impossible to not get an SS on a mission without wasting turns on purpose. That said though, it's kind of a double edged sword doing so. If you don't SS at least a few missions it'll be harder to get more than 4-5 levels (as an example on super hard, all my main chars and green spirits are LV85 and subs spirits LV80, it took 2 whole playthoughs to level them from 75-85/70-80) from just capture bonus and end of mission allotments.

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:41 pm

My Orpha uses Fireball II, Ignition and Apoc II, and I think Apoc II is still great at half power. I use Nanaru for full power Apoc II.

deathcoy

Post by deathcoy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 pm

do the aoe spell casters suck on super hard mode?

havent tried super hard mode but on hard mode towards end mid to end game, most of orpha's and nanaru's aoes only shave off half hp, which came as a shock to me since on normal mode though they can practically 1 hit everything even towards end game...

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 am

Well if they do attackers suck even more, because the casters scale as attack^2 and attacker damage scales as attack.

deathcoy

Post by deathcoy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am

oh yea, definitely... attacker dmg suck more on hard mode compared to casters... seems defense scales like crazy... onli characters not getting nerfed are the etrangers, mainly yuuto, kouin's melee is powerful but only has 1 action, kyoko's aoe is imba, tokimi is so-so...