Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Ghaleon

Re: Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Post by Ghaleon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm

They really should make it so you get your old skill back if your placed one with an eternal skill though. Kinda dumb how you're too scared to try eternal skills on Hard and SH because you know you're basically perma-killing that slot after the stage. Did they fix that issue in EnA 2?

As for the stats, I can confirm that the game does revert them back. I remember I was like "I'm never gonna level esperia again!" after her magic defense went up from the eternal boost, then when I started a new game I was like "maaaaaannn...."

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:58 am

Then you really need to do Orpha's on SH mode. She has the craziest eternal boost in SH, ever.
I wanna see your face when Orpha got reverted to non-eternal in the next playthrough :lol:

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm

lunarium wrote:Then you really need to do Orpha's on SH mode. She has the craziest eternal boost in SH, ever.
I wanna see your face when Orpha got reverted to non-eternal in the next playthrough :lol:
I think Esperia's jump from 50 Magic resist to 300+ is pretty compareable to Orpha's HP boost. Plus Esperia NEEDS magic resist. Orpha..well, she doesn't really need hp. You never want her in defense anyway because of that god-awful +10 mind.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:09 am

You can use her Eternal def-skill. I *think* it's less then +10 there... I *think*?
...And she can take around 3 of Shun's nuke + World with Protection heal :? . While Esperia can't, even with her resist boost, due to her HP loss when turned Eternal :? (same with Uruka >_>)
Well, you'll ditch Stardust for her Eternal nuke when you do her route anyway, so no point keeping her mind <85 :lol:

...But a 100k hp loss on class change is seriously wtf though, same as Esperia 200%+ resist
Only Aselia gain a bonus 50+% resist when reverting to non-eternal, which is cheat :roll:

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:09 am

+10 mind is awesome. Why worry about half power Apoc II? It's still awesome, and Nanaru is the person to go to for actual damage from spells, thanks to her higher attack and more powerful Ignition.

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:45 am

Volandum wrote:+10 mind is awesome. Why worry about half power Apoc II? It's still awesome, and Nanaru is the person to go to for actual damage from spells, thanks to her higher attack and more powerful Ignition.
It's not awsome on orpha... she doesn't have any good moves that require high mnd, and both Apocalypse AND stardust have a mind cap.

I thought we were talking about stats too here, not abilities >=P. Plus I'm pretty sure Esperia COULD tank 3 of shuun's nukes if you kept wind whisper, of course you probably didn't but whatever.

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am

Speaking of abilities... In the 2nd to last mission (where you received your Eternal), there's a Silent Field II + Heavenly Sword x2 squad right at beginning. Try using Esperia's Absolute against them, you'll be surprised at the dmg she took :lol:

Some skills in here just don't do what they advertise :roll:

Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:28 am

lunarium wrote:Speaking of abilities... In the 2nd to last mission (where you received your Eternal), there's a Silent Field II + Heavenly Sword x2 squad right at beginning. Try using Esperia's Absolute against them, you'll be surprised at the dmg she took :lol:

Some skills in here just don't do what they advertise :roll:
Yeah, I've noticed many elemental attacks are way way more powerful than they suggest too. For example Yuuto's aura photon beam does absolutely disgusting damage, more than the nova attack, and not just on green spirits either. Orpha's eternal nuke does too. Even though on hard it's only like 100 power more than stardust, in reality it hurts for heaps more.

spardatheone

Post by spardatheone » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm

question, in my second game i have with yuto the attack skill combined wills, if its changed for another attack skill, when yuto becomes eternal again will regain combined :? wills ?

lunarium

Post by lunarium » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am

You learn the Eternal skill again every time you change to Eternal. And there are 3 versions of the same Eternal skill, 1 for each difficulty.
So, yes.