Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
shiirn

Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Post by shiirn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Here's a bunch of screenshots showcasing the spirits and how they look at level 99. Note that none of them are Eternal; I might add those later.
Don't even ask how I got them all to 99. Just don't. =_=

Something worth noting is that ALL BUT ONE of the spirits got NO NEW SKILLS after level 88 or 89 or so. Keep that in mind if you level them yourself.

Notes on some of the more...unique skills.. are included.

Green Spirits
Esperia
Notes: Devoted Block is the strongest defense skill that can be gotten by a player character in game.
Elemental blast does alot more damage than you'd think; it's like an AOE Heavenly Sword.
Crappiest resist in the game, she dies if you magically sneeze on her.
Sonic strike utterly destroys red and black spirits despite their high resist.

Nimnthor
Notes: Elemental Blast is only a bit stronger than Esperia's despite the full 1000 increase.
She has the highest Resist of any green spirit in the game, enemies included, she's a very good choice for a flat out defender.

Halion
Notes: She seems to be more focused towards Support rather than Defender due to her full array of HEAL ME DAMMIT spells. She also has higher HP than both of your other spirits, but her resist is lower than Nimnthor's. Generally if you're going to be defending and you're not in a town, her and nimnthor make a great defense since Halion is likely able to heal up any damage that Nimnthor takes.

Super hard impressions: Esperia quickly loses her utility as a defender due to her abysmal Defense, but her extremely high block means she'll be able to take God's Fists of Flaming Fury if it deals physical damage. Still, she's more suited to attacking if you don't have any other, better attackers (Can't see why, you'll see soon).
Pretty much the only spirit that will stay in the defender slot permanently is Nimnthor, due to higher high resist and decent block...combined with the fact that her attacks are suprisingly weak. (Elemental blast aside)
Esperia and Halion are better relegated to Support, while you put a Neutral (Etranger) or some other spirit depending on the situation.

Red Spirits
Orpha
Notes: Stardust is Awesome. Its animation is akin to dropping a nuke on your enemy, with the damage to match. She's still got almost half the HP of the other red spirits, but she outdamages them by far. It's also worthy to note that Fire Cloak adds 10 mind every time you get hit.

Himika
Notes: Strongest single-target support killer, and also the strongest Attack red spirit. Her elemental-based melee attacks shouldn't be underestimated, they're extremely strong against green spirits. Not as strong as, say, her support skills, but still notable.

Nanaru
Notes: Orpha with survivability. She's got just about as much punch and almost twice as much HP. Not much else to say here, except her Apocalypse has no real mind requirement to speak of (min 65, but that's damn low already)

Final thoughts: Orpha's pitiful HP means she can't be put anywhere near anything that can attack, but she still boasts some of the strongest attacks in the game...She's best used as a cleanup crew once you take out the enemy once they can't attack anymore (No attacker, defensive support), but she does absurdly well enough at that that she's a good spirit nonetheless.
The rest of the time, you'll be using Nanaru in her place, or Himika if you're facing an all-rounder.

Black Spirits
Helion
Notes: Oh Helion, you so nervous and moe. Her attack is still only moderate compared to other spirits, and her defensive capabilities are rather low, but her Treason Block is decent defense in itself since it reflects MORE than the damage she takes back to the attacker. Her problem of not having the HP pool to do this in lower levels is now annulled, she has as much HP as most green spirits.
But once thing that makes her the ultimate defending spirit is Vanishing Halo. This skill activates first, before any and all other skills, and halves all damage done by everyone to everyone. This can make or break your defense when you're dealing with a Bloodlusted Heavenly Sword swinger. Of course, this also means the damage YOU do will be halved, so it's more suited to survival than straight up defense.

Faren
Notes: HP is PATHETIC. Somehow she manages to end up with the lowest HP of any spirit, with mediocre attacks, defense, and only having field buffs. Note that this is only at very endgame, when you first get her on your first playthrough she's able to mow through the enemy like so much grass, but this is a prime example of "Awesome now, crap later". Sorry Faren, I think you're one of the cooler spirits and all, but you're permanently benched.

Uruka
Notes: Low resist, moderate defense, but huge damage potential. She excels at wearing down a boss' HP...Her starfire sword hits 4 times, each time decreasing all elemental stats and resist at the same time, meaning that by the time she hits the 4th time, she's doing 4-5 times as much damage as the first hit. Her Full Moon Sword does the exact same, but with physical damage instead. She ALSO has the great Vanishing Halo skill. Treason block is decent, but Helion's way better. She stays in the Attack set, preferably in a team with a red spirit nuker, since she'll get off a hit on the defender and decrease both their Resist AND Red element, increasing the nuke's damage by that much.

Blue Spirits
Ugh, getting that trainer that can get Blues to 99 is such a pain....

Neutral Spirits [Etrangers]
Yuuto aka Takamine OVERPOWERED(allcaps) Yuuto [Hasn't been uploaded yet, gimme a bit]
Notes: Oh lord, this sonnova is the most broken thing ever. Aura Photon Nova needs a special screenshot just to show how absurd it is: BROKEN.
That's right, you remember fighting Shun and his Aura Photon Break fucked over your team by making you unable to attack, dealing huge damage, on top of looking awesome? NOW YUUTO CAN DO IT TOO! He gets this in his early 80s, late 70s (I forget exactly when). It's unstoppable, is used early, and deals physical damage in a roll that needs Resist to defend - so in other words, it 1-hits green spirits and red spirits alike. However, the only downside that i've seen so far is that its damage caps out at 50000. Not that that's too much of a handicap when the only enemies that go over 40,000 hp are dragons and bosses.
His Eternal support buff also takes all the bonuses of his other buffs (Passion, Holy, Elemental, Inspire, etc) and takes off all their downsides, puts their buffs together, and brings in a huge heal all into one big ball of AWESOME. Also, it increases the number of actions your side can make - I once combined this with Uruka and she attacked a full SIX TIMES IN ONE TURN.
Oh, and he has the highest HP of any servant by far.
Bear in mind that this is a NON-ETERNAL Yuuto. He's still swinging around Desire, not Wisdom. (aka WakaGod)

This guy's power and OVERKILL reminds me of a certain SO BROKEN IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY hero that recently got turned into flower petals...

BRB, i'll add a bit more later. Still farming some of my spirits to 99 (Save scumming is awesome)
Last edited by shiirn on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

shiirn

Re: Level 99 Spirits [Spoilers]

Post by shiirn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 pm

Reserving a post for Eternals when i get around to it.
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 pm

You need to change the O in the link to Orpha's picture to a small o for it to load.

EDIT: Same goes for Faren.

ABC123

Post by ABC123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 pm

WTF happened to Faren's HP ?? :shock:

Orpha HP beat Faren's by a landslide... :shock:

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Hmmmm six times in a turn with Uruka? Is is a plus actions or multiply actions? I'm asking since Kyouko can do 4 times per turn with her skills (used those to lower boss defences to nothing hehe). I'm betting the only reason that attack support skill made it into the game is cause it's only one use so you can just repeatedly obliterate squads with rolling death. I look forward to seeing the blue spirits myself since at 60 Selia is already fairly awesome with a 6% in power for her ice banishing. Though I gotta admit I'm curious about this hero that turned to flowers......doesn't ring a bell.

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 am

YamiLeto wrote:Hmmmm six times in a turn with Uruka? Is is a plus actions or multiply actions? I'm asking since Kyouko can do 4 times per turn with her skills (used those to lower boss defences to nothing hehe). I'm betting the only reason that attack support skill made it into the game is cause it's only one use so you can just repeatedly obliterate squads with rolling death. I look forward to seeing the blue spirits myself since at 60 Selia is already fairly awesome with a 6% in power for her ice banishing. Though I gotta admit I'm curious about this hero that turned to flowers......doesn't ring a bell.
Lol sorry, the hero i referenced is Jack Rakan from Negima, many many many references were made even in the story to how broken he was, infinite hp with unlimited cheat codes etc etc

Blue spirits are suprisingly normal. They get more and more damage from their attack, and more and more ice banish levels, more ether sink, but they don't really get any unique skills at endgame.

As far as the actions go, when Uruka fully upgrades her Starfire Sword, it has 5 actions in one turn, so it's likely a +1 modifier.

I DON'T know what happened to Faren's HP, i think it might have been bugged or something; I'll re-level her in another save and see what happens

ThatGuy

Post by ThatGuy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 am

I'm curious about blue spirits. At around 45-50, the highest banish I have is VII and even that doesn't really work on Apocalypse II and such. The rest are stuck at 6 or lower. What gives =(

Volandum

Post by Volandum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 am

Aselia gets IX before 60, Selia doesn't.

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 am

shiirn wrote:
YamiLeto wrote:Hmmmm six times in a turn with Uruka? Is is a plus actions or multiply actions? I'm asking since Kyouko can do 4 times per turn with her skills (used those to lower boss defences to nothing hehe). I'm betting the only reason that attack support skill made it into the game is cause it's only one use so you can just repeatedly obliterate squads with rolling death. I look forward to seeing the blue spirits myself since at 60 Selia is already fairly awesome with a 6% in power for her ice banishing. Though I gotta admit I'm curious about this hero that turned to flowers......doesn't ring a bell.
Lol sorry, the hero i referenced is Jack Rakan from Negima, many many many references were made even in the story to how broken he was, infinite hp with unlimited cheat codes etc etc

Blue spirits are suprisingly normal. They get more and more damage from their attack, and more and more ice banish levels, more ether sink, but they don't really get any unique skills at endgame.

As far as the actions go, when Uruka fully upgrades her Starfire Sword, it has 5 actions in one turn, so it's likely a +1 modifier.

I DON'T know what happened to Faren's HP, i think it might have been bugged or something; I'll re-level her in another save and see what happens
Bah you mentioned game so I didn't think of Negima and that was an awesome end to him. Someone out cheated the cheater xD. Anyways back on topic.....Kinda disappoints me that blue spirits don't get anything to look forward to. Kinda makes them seem useless in end game cause you start finding so many anti-blue skills that can't be banished. Makes me feel the only decent ones are the etrangers and eternals >.< Nvm almost forgot Orpha's squad killing hit all spells. Seriously do those kind of red spirits even need attackers in the squad?

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 am

YamiLeto wrote:Kinda makes them seem useless in end game cause you start finding so many anti-blue skills that can't be banished. Makes me feel the only decent ones are the etrangers and eternals >.< Nvm almost forgot Orpha's squad killing hit all spells. Seriously do those kind of red spirits even need attackers in the squad?
I've noticed that Etrangers get absurdly powerful...and no, those kind of red spirits don't really need an attacker. Like i said, i keep Orpha ALONE in a squad just to mop up any stragglers.

Don't get me wrong, Blue spirits don't get any unique moves, but they still have extremely useful skills. Their damage is right up there with the blacks (In a different form, they hit HARD once or twice, while blacks hit 4+ times, decreasing defense each time to culminate in huge damage at the end). They're also useful for moping up whoever survived the nuke that got dropped a bit earlier, or to kill the enemy red spirits that don't get hurt TOO BADLY (Read: They survive)

EDIT: Adding Uruka now. Woman's got skills.