Differences between the H and kono daichi? (spoilers)

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
YamiLeto

Differences between the H and kono daichi? (spoilers)

Post by YamiLeto » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm

I know there is a difference in that the original has H scenes and Kono Daichi doesn't have any H scenes but what are the other differences? I downloaded the original with a complete save so that I could compare (though I don't know japanese much sadly) but one thing that was obvious from the very start was that the original seems to have more choices? Apparently even when Kaori wakes you up in the prologue there is a choice at that point. Why aren't these in Kono Daichi?

Tinbad

Re: Differences between the H and kono daichi?

Post by Tinbad » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:29 pm

YamiLeto wrote:I know there is a difference in that the original has H scenes and Kono Daichi doesn't have any H scenes but what are the other differences? I downloaded the original with a complete save so that I could compare (though I don't know japanese much sadly) but one thing that was obvious from the very start was that the original seems to have more choices? Apparently even when Kaori wakes you up in the prologue there is a choice at that point. Why aren't these in Kono Daichi?
they are likely related flag events that have to do with achieving the ero scenes.

Meowminator

Post by Meowminator » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm

From what i have heard, the prologue in the original was a lot longer than kono daichi no hate de.
Just the Hyperia part was around 3 hours or so i heard. And most of it was just useless meddling around. So i am glad, it isn't present in this version. None of the story elements were affected too much AFAIK, and the battle system was revamped, things like the character portraits among other things.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:13 pm

Apart from the technical changes, and shortened prologue, all the subspirit scenes are new (they didn't even have unique sprites in original), and a bunch of new scenes on each route and common route. Obviously almost all the K&K scenes on 2nd playthru onwards are new. There are also other new scenes that you mostly see in subsequent playthroughs, like extra the Quedgin scenes, Shun hospital scene, Io scenes. +All the expansion content of course.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!