Story dissection *major spoilers*

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Re: Story dissection *major spoilers*

Post by Phlebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 am

It mentions the sword keeps growing alongside her.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Collateral

Post by Collateral » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:47 am

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I apologize in advance if it isn't.

Well, I finished Uruka's route a few days ago, and it has left me with a few questions since.

Just what or who exactly Ryutoraim? Uruka mentions to Tokimi that she was original created to be the guardian that prevent Temuorin from getting her clutches on it. Aside from that it can also be seen in the timeline as "sleeping in Rakios" before the epilogue for the characters begins. For some reason my mind is subconciously connecting it to Orpha, but I'm not sure why....

Aside from that, is any further information given about how Orpha is the "prototype" of all spirits in phantasmagoria and being thousands and perhaps further years of age? I can't recall if that was what Youtia exactly said, though she could have been talking about something else entirely..however if she was, I'm guessing this will probably be mentioned in Orpha's route?

My bad habit of..excessive writing bah, but did I overlook some dialogue or perhaps it's on another route?

I usually just stick to the one route that I received and never go for another in multi-route scenarios but if it's explained in other routes or if I just overlooked some sentences, then I apologize once again, as I just created a long-winded wall of text when the answer was right in front of me :|.

serous

Post by serous » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 am

It's all explained in Orpha's route

EDIT: In Aselia the Eternal's Eternity Remover , it talks about the heaven rank eternity sword Aeon. So i was wonder what was a haven rank eternity sword.

Collateral

Post by Collateral » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 pm

serous wrote:It's all explained in Orpha's route
Ah awesome, I'll be sure to check that out then. Thanks you Serous :D.

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:56 pm

serous wrote: EDIT: In Aselia the Eternal's Eternity Remover , it talks about the heaven rank eternity sword Aeon. So i was wonder what was a haven rank eternity sword.
Rank 1.
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Aeon is presumably the origin of all Eternity Swords, whose splintering was something of a big bang of which the universe came into being, and all Eternity Swords carry a tiny fraction of it. That'd likely make it the sword the Law Eternals are trying to compile by fusing all Eternity Swords into one. There are several rank 1 Eternity Swords, Heaven Rank would be the ultimate tier above that. It currently does not exist.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Phlebas wrote:tl;dr
Rank 0?
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 pm

Im guessing that a 'heaven rank' would be the original sword that the law eternal are trying to recreate. Meaning that it doesn't actually exist as a single piece yet. So there would really be no 'Rank 0'.

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 am

I was joking around >_> Of course "Aeon" is going to be "The Source Sword", pretty much equating the Big Bang particle as far as their existence goes.

On the other hand, why the hell do they want to become one again? Instrumentality is so 80s...

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 am

shiirn wrote:I was joking around >_> Of course "Aeon" is going to be "The Source Sword", pretty much equating the Big Bang particle as far as their existence goes.

On the other hand, why the hell do they want to become one again? Instrumentality is so 80s...
Returning to the origin is the instinct of the eternity swords. They are compelled to destroy each other in order to gain power until there is only one left. You could compare it to the movie 'One' or or the 'Highlander' movies; 'There can only be one'.