Battle Tips

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
shiirn

Re: Battle Tips

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:59 pm

ABC123 wrote:Does death when battling Shun affects the game in anyway ? I can't seems to beat him in super hard without making sacrifices.
You won't be able to get the endings where all the spirits live happily ever after. That's about it.
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

YamiLeto

Post by YamiLeto » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

ABC123 wrote:Does death when battling Shun affects the game in anyway ? I can't seems to beat him in super hard without making sacrifices.
I assume if they're the main characters it'd still be a game over. Sub-spirits shouldn't affect it though unless you're wanting the extra scenes of them dealing with clean up after all that mess with the eternals. Though I'm not sure if it'd result in a problem for tokimi or kyouko routes....anyone want to test this?

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

For the first fight, I seem to recall that spirit deaths in the fight lead to bad end after the fight on K/T route. I did test it but can't remember 100% the results. For 2nd battle, it "just" means the characters died, so you won't get their epilogue and will have to live with their lives on your soul.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 pm

It doesn't change Kyouko or Tokimi's routes at all since you only need to have the subspirits survive until the branching point; after that you can kill them all off and be nobody'll be any the wiser.
PM me for a table of CE addresses for all the spirits in Eien no Aselia. If you don't know what I mean, just be on your way...

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Post by Phlebas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 pm

That is the branching point.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Oh, the fight with shun before any Eternalizing. I've gotten so used to "fighting shun" as in "Fighting that god damn aura photon breaker"

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 pm

shiirn wrote:Oh, the fight with shun before any Eternalizing. I've gotten so used to "fighting shun" as in "Fighting that god damn aura photon breaker"
After you are eternalized it only takes Tokimi's Critical hitter combined with her special support skill to hit again.

ABC123

Post by ABC123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:43 am

When I said battling Shun I meant Shun the Ruling Sword at the end. My Halion died because of his goddamn Aura Photon breaker. But I still got the epilogue and Halion was there. It was on Uruka route though.

teiglin

Post by teiglin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:59 am

ABC123 wrote:When I said battling Shun I meant Shun the Ruling Sword at the end. My Halion died because of his goddamn Aura Photon breaker. But I still got the epilogue and Halion was there. It was on Uruka route though.
Yeah I found that aspect of the fight frustrating on my first playthrough. I really wanted to end the game quickly, so I just sacrificed a squad w/o main characters--which is quite easy as his massive AoE only has two uses--and then he was a huge chump. Next time (haven't gotten to him on hard yet), I'll probably let hit two different eternal all-rounders, as they are the only ones (besides maybe Uruka) who could actually live a whole round. Then it should be pretty easy to finish him with normal spirits, since he'll have blown his wad, as it were.

I also couldn't find any epilogue or next-game repercussions for having sacrificed a couple spirits, though, so it probably doesn't matter except for personal pride. :)

shiirn

Post by shiirn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 am

teiglin wrote:
ABC123 wrote: I also couldn't find any epilogue or next-game repercussions for having sacrificed a couple spirits, though, so it probably doesn't matter except for personal pride. :)
You don't get to see the happily-ever-after of all your spirits cleaning up after the mess of the war you made.