how to make window mode window bigger?

Discuss the translation of Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de.
bestiedamo1

how to make window mode window bigger?

Post by bestiedamo1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:17 am

first off great work on the speedy translation of this great game ^.^
but i was wondering if there was a way to make the windowed mode any bigger as it is really small

Meowminator

Re: how to make window mode window bigger?

Post by Meowminator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm

there is a way, but if you minimize it and then again maximize it switches to fullscreen for some reason.

But anyways, just right click the eien no aselia shortcut, and go to the "run" part of the dialog box and choose "maximized window" form the drop down box.

bestiedamo1

Post by bestiedamo1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:08 pm

hmm will try thanks

bestiedamo1

Post by bestiedamo1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 pm

yea keeps going to full screen :(

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 am

Lower you screen resolution while playing other than that, i dont know.

Tinbad

Post by Tinbad » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24 am

On a semi related matter;
Why do all characters look fat and elipse-headed?
This game is 4:3 and you have a widescreen monitor. Your display‟s built-in scaling is streching the game to fit your monitor screen. You should go to your display settings and set it to keep the aspect ratio. On Nvidia cards, this can be done from; NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position > Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio.
In order to play my game full screen and not deform the picture, I set my screen to keep the ratio. However, it seems that even if I set my screen resolution to a 4:3 ratio without scaling, it still plays the game at widescreen resolution.

EchoMateria

Post by EchoMateria » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:29 am

Tinbad wrote:On a semi related matter;
Why do all characters look fat and elipse-headed?
This game is 4:3 and you have a widescreen monitor. Your display‟s built-in scaling is streching the game to fit your monitor screen. You should go to your display settings and set it to keep the aspect ratio. On Nvidia cards, this can be done from; NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position > Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed-aspect ratio.
In order to play my game full screen and not deform the picture, I set my screen to keep the ratio. However, it seems that even if I set my screen resolution to a 4:3 ratio without scaling, it still plays the game at widescreen resolution.
If your game is being displayed in widescreen then something is overriding your setting. If you are using an NVIDIA card, go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position > and select 'Use NVIDIA caling with fixed-aspect ratio" then hit "Apply" that should do it. Someone once mentioned where this setting was on an ATI card but I forgot. If this setting is reverting back to an another option be sure that all videos and games are turned off at that moment. If it still doesn't work, update your driver.

Arjy Yu

Post by Arjy Yu » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:22 am

Is it possible to use some virtual machine? VirtualBox, for example.

temp

Post by temp » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 am

VirtualBox won't work, this game uses directx.