Gameplay FAQ/Tips

Discuss the Tears to Tiara translation.
Frosty

Re: Gameplay FAQ/Tips

Postby Frosty » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am

Merc Skills:
Basics:
Attack magic classes learn different elemental spells based on their attributes.

Ex. A mage w/ fire attribute will only learn fire attacks.
A mage w/ ice attribute will only learn ice attacks.

Exception: Holy/Dark attribute allows the character to learn all attributes.(Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Holy, Dark(doesn't seem to exist)).

Unique job specific magic/skills:
The most obvious unique skills would be Druid's Criticality, and Seer's Meteor.

If you use a clear game sys.sav your new game will start with you having the "god" weapons of each character which will be usable until Level 50+.
Frosty

echoism

Postby echoism » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:03 pm

DFT wrote:Requesting a list that show which mercenary classes gets which spells/skills at which level. I realise there's a lot of mercenary classes... But if anyone has the patience to list them all, I'd be very grateful.

Otherwise I'll be satisfied if you simply list the level numbers where they typically gain important spells for their class. Like every class gains something awesome at around level 10 and level 20, right? I'm unsure of this so I'd like to know which level numbers are the important ones.

This info can be useful if you want to powergame with multiclass mercenaries, it's good to know so you can plan ahead which classes to combine at which levels.

Hunter:
[01] Nature's Teachings
[10] Survival
[20] Sharpshooter
[30] Bow Art: Volley

Soldier:
[01] Insult
[07] Fighting Spirit
[15] Abusive Language
[22] Bellow
[30] Sword Art: Assault

Knight:
[05] Trifling Heal
[20] Feel Good Heal
[30] Spear Art: Flash
[50] Incredible Heal

Magician:
[01] Small Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Wind Cut, Freeze, Blaze, Iron Ball Drop)
[05] Small Elemental Non-Affinity Attack (3 of Wind Cut, Freeze, Blaze, Iron Ball Drop)
[06] Physical Attack Up
[06] Magic Attack Up
[10] Medium Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Explosion, Slime Mold)
[15] Medium Elemental Non-Affinity Attack (3 of Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Explosion, Slime Mold)
[17] Attack Speed Up
[17] Movement Speed Up
[30] Large Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Hellfire, Hades, Icicle, Tornado)
[35] Large Elemental Non-Affinity Attack (3 of Hellfire, Hades, Icicle, Tornado)

Druid:
Same as Magician plus:
[20] Blessed Drops
[25] Curse
[30] Warp
[50] Criticality

Minstrel/Musician:
[01] Warrior's Ballad: Raises physical attack power, lowers magical attack power
[05] Coward's Fugue: Raises physical defense, lowers magical defense
[10] Wind's Rhapsody: Drastically dampens arrow attacks
[15] Thief's March: Raises movement speed, lowers attack speed
[20] Hero's Symphony: Increases attack speed, lowers movement speed
[20] All Heal: High mp cost area effect good-feeling heal
[25] Spring's Sonata: Gradually recovers HP
[30] Stardust's Nocturn: Gradually recovers MP
[35] Elves' Toccata: Raises magical attack power, lowers physical attack power
[40] Lovers' Serenade: Raises magical defense, lowers physical defense
[45] Devil's Requiem: Gradually deals damage
[50] Arawn in the Dark: Raises physical attack and defense

Archer:
[01] Concentrate
[10] Full Speed
[20] Rapid Fire

Fencer:
[01] Prediction
[10] Magic Prediction
[15] Abandonment
[22] Go-no-sen

Priestess:
[01] Trifling Heal
[05] Physical Shield
[05] Magic Shield
[07] Feel-good Heal
[15] Attack Speed Down
[15] Movement Speed Down
[21] Incredible Heal
[25] Cancel All
[30] All-Heal
[42] Stardust

Paladin:
[04] Small Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Wind Cut, Freeze, Blaze, Iron Ball Drop)
[08] Physical Attack Up
[08] Magic Attack Up
[12] Medium Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Explosion, Slime Mold)
[15] Blessed Drops
[20] Warp
[30] Spear Art: Flash
[35] Large Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Hellfire, Hades, Icicle, Tornado)

Seer:
Same as priestess plus:
[04] Small Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Wind Cut, Freeze, Blaze, Iron Ball Drop)
[12] Medium Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Explosion, Slime Mold)
[29] Stardust (priestess gets Stardust at 42)
[38] Large Elemental Affinity Attack (1 of Hellfire, Hades, Icicle, Tornado)
[50] Meteor

To get every skill available, mercs will need the following:
male mercs: Hunter(20), Soldier(22), Druid(50), Knight(50), Minstrel(50)
female mercs: Archer(20), Fencer(22), Paladin(20), Seer(50), Musician(50)

Enjoy

ravensdark

Postby ravensdark » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:33 pm

For me the easiest way to level a character on this game is to use a area attack spell or area attack tech. Kill an enemy while damaging your highest level character and you get something like 10 times the exp that you normally get for casting a spell on that character. I had a L99 merc on Impossible at 10hours but the real kicker was when I took that merc set him to focus on healing and the started leveling other mercs. I took a L1 merc cast a spell on the L99 merc and was L18 then I started casting area attack spells to kill an enemy while damaging the L99 merc and was suddenly around L40. Within 5 minutes I had a L90 merc and then another 10 minutes and my new merc was L99. It is harder to do with the characters mainly Arawn doesn't have an area attack spell or ability. But the rest can do it. I think this method really should be placed under cheating because I had 4 Fully maxed L99 mercs 2 guys 2 girls one Knight one Minstrel one Paladin and one Musician at 12hours. I think that I could probably do the same on my new game in Less then 5 hours. It is really quite interesting to gain 60 - 70 levels in one battle that takes 3 minutes.

On further testing with the method of area attack spells and skills. When you kill an enemy with area attack spells and skills it is the same as if you killed the highest level creature or character that was hit. If you are killing L10 guys when hitting your own L30 guy it is the same as killing L30 guys as far as the exp earned is concerned. This means that If you have a L30 magician and take him to the center of a group of enemies and kill them with a area attack spell it will give you similar exp to killing L30 creatures. This is very useful if you want to over level. Meaning level a character way beyond what is available as far as creature levels. This also means that this method is somewhat difficult if the enemies are close to or greater then your power. On impossible it takes a lot of time to boost a character up to L20, maybe 4 hours because you are having to constantly worry about your characters dieing but you can boost to L30 In another 40 minutes and then gain 10 levels or so every 20 minutes till you get to L99

creatip

Need help

Postby creatip » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi, need some help here, please.....

I have played Tears to Tiara (PC) to the end on impossible setting. On the title menu 'extra', I noticed some items still missing. The CG is missing 4 last pictures (counting from page 1), the 'scene replay' is missing 6 last scenes, and the 'voice message' is missing 1 last voice (I think it's Taliesin, because he's the only main character missing).

I've played the 'red thread' quest ( 2nd H-scene with epona), and beat 10 levels of leaf tower. So what did I miss? Can anyone help me?

Thanx in advance

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:16 pm

You have everything, if you actually had missing slots you'd notice they're a bit different, there's just not an even number of CG/scenes/voice to fill whole page.
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Mauzel

Postby Mauzel » Sat May 09, 2009 8:15 pm

Frosty wrote:Merc Skills:
Basics:
Attack magic classes learn different elemental spells based on their attributes.

Ex. A mage w/ fire attribute will only learn fire attacks.
A mage w/ ice attribute will only learn ice attacks.

Exception: Holy/Dark attribute allows the character to learn all attributes.(Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Holy, Dark(doesn't seem to exist)).

Unique job specific magic/skills:
The most obvious unique skills would be Druid's Criticality, and Seer's Meteor.

If you use a clear game sys.sav your new game will start with you having the "god" weapons of each character which will be usable until Level 50+.

Yea... The name weapons... Useless...;p... It completely kills the exp distro... Its like a who hit first contest in impossible difficulty... Since you have like 4k+ atk power, but have a defense power in the 10s... and its not until you are near end game before it actually balances out a bit... It just completely screws with your stat...;p... But its useful, and it completely make OGAM ownz for the most part of the game...XD

Grif2501

Postby Grif2501 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:05 am

For the paladin it says, in the first post, that you need a lvl 10 fencer which is for females only and a lvl 10 magician which is male only, and im trying to make one of my female mercs a paladin, so for her do you just make her a priestess instead of a mage, and if so, can you only make a paladin and what not after a certain point of the game?

(sorry if i should have put this somewhere else)

also: most excellent translation, cant wait to get the Eien no Aselia game, and the patch.

Phlebas
Dakkodango Staff

Postby Phlebas » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Grif2501 wrote:For the paladin it says, in the first post, that you need a lvl 10 fencer which is for females only and a lvl 10 magician which is male only, and im trying to make one of my female mercs a paladin, so for her do you just make her a priestess instead of a mage, and if so, can you only make a paladin and what not after a certain point of the game?

(sorry if i should have put this somewhere else)

also: most excellent translation, cant wait to get the Eien no Aselia game, and the patch.

You need to reach those levels of aforementioned classes on some characters to unlock the paladin class, after which you can recruit paladins or turn any girl into one.

And, cheers ^^
Image Napolitan.... Rush!!

Grif2501

Postby Grif2501 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm

oh ok thank you

VisionsEdge

Postby VisionsEdge » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 am

Let me just say that you get the Red Thread anyways, so there really is no need to buy it... haha... it is an event that happens when you progress far enough into the game.

Return to “Tears to Tiara”